Chapter 6: Academy of Technology

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

A few weeks later, 

Jade's Laboratory, 9:00 AM

Today was the examination day, where the candidates will be needing to show their creation in front of a panel of judges, all of whom will examination the creation that the student would make. The acceptance rate was much higher, at the very least as opposed to the Magic Academy, where only the best of the best managed to gain admittance. This was also the day that was looked forward by the Empress of Arcadia, who was curious and intrigued by the creation of what one of the candidates has to offer, she was interested in seeing what it is capable of. 

That candidate was Issei Hyoudou, his invention of Soulium was something that caught her attention, and she was interested in the revolver that Issei would use. And speaking of Issei. 

Issei was maintaining the gun, it seemed to be at its final stages. He was testing in Jade's laboratory he wanted to make sure there were no defects. He did not want the weapon to malfunction and cause problems, especially during the trial. He checked the compatibility of the weapon with his Fighting Style as well. 

"Hey Issei...?" Jade came inside the room calling for him, it was upon her request and suggestion that Issei get the weapon checked, she needed to make sure that his creation does not go to waste. Otherwise weeks of experimentation and material wastage would go down to waste and Jade was not going to let that happen. 

"Yeah? The gun seems to be fine, I highly doubt there is going to be a chance of a damage..." Jade shook her head, as she spoke

"Remember the first lesson I taught you.." Issei looked at her and nodded, as he spoke, 

"Always expect the unexpected, a technology can malfunction at any time, especially when you least expect it.." Issei spoke as Jade nodded, she spoke from personal experience, she has had malfunctioned projects that have blown on her face before. She did not want to experience it again. 

"Aside from that, you worked hard on this thing and it would hurt if the thing you worked so hard on was destroyed, it would hurt right?" Jade spoke with a sad smile, as Issei nodded in understanding, she looked at Issei. She helped Issei succeed but at the same time, Issei was the one that did most, if not all of the work. Jade only guided him, he did the project and successfully finished it. 

"Now Issei, tell me the second rule I told you?" Issei looked at her and spoke, "No technology or algorithm is perfect, there are flaws in everything, and these flaws can cause damages to your weapon..." 

"Good...you remember everything I taught you..." Jade's face changed into a genuine smile. She soon spoke while walking towards the door.

"Well this is it....like I said before, you can let me know, whenever you wish to continue with Project Honkai, I would love to help you in any way or work with you again...just give me a call, kay?" Issei nodded as Jade smiled at Issei and spoke with a tone full of gentleness. 

"All the best..." 

Opening Start