Chapter 24: Angel Far From Home

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Two Days Later, 

Issei's Office, Arcadian Military Headquarters, 9:30 AM

Issei was seated in his office, it's been a day since the funeral of the 501st soldiers that were killed in the Racoon City, courtesy of the BOWs, he was working on some of the Paperwork that was remaining in the aftermath. So far, things in the war have been starting to form in the side of the Arcadians yet again, as they managed to win against the Settlement Defense Front and managed to deal with Salen Kotch. 

However, the Outer Heaven and the Atlas Corporation were still being a major problem, to the Arcadians causing numerous casualties, and then there was the Black Arms that was still a problem as well. 

Issei sighed, he was a General for a Month now, and things have been going on well for now.He had come back from the funeral for the Fallen alongside the rest of the 501st as they vowed to avenge all those that they have lost. 

"So Partner...how are those strategies playing out?" Ddraig asked Issei who responded, "I'd say pretty well.."

"I mean, I did learn from what Elsha and Belzard had done and developed my own variants, who knew low magic teleportation circles would not only reduce casualties, but also have a higher success rate in the missions.." Issei mused as Ddraig spoke, "Regardless, they would have been so proud of what you have turned into..."

"Yeah..." Issei spoke with a sad tone, they were almost akin to his own mentors and he wished for them to be present even now, he remembered their encouraging words before they sacrificed themselves so that he could live. 

"You are the best person I can call a student, and as a mentor to his student, I can say my final words...Live well, eat well, sleep well, train well and most of all, live your own life, and live it happily..." Elsha spoke while embracing him before her soul was destroyed to keep Issei's alive.

"You are the next generation, our time has long passed. A thousand generations of suffering and despair end with your arrival. Don't let anyone ruin that for you..Issei.." Belzard spoke while ruffling Issei's hair as his soul gets destroyed. 

Ddraig knew how much those two meant for him, as he had spoken, "Partner...they wouldn't want you to become this sad, y'know..." 

Issei nodded as he spoke, "Yeah...I guess you are right..." Ddraig chuckled, as suddenly the phone rang, he picked up the phone and spoke. 

"Yes?" The one who had called was Elias, who had spoken, "General, your family has come to visit you, should I send them in?"

"Sure, send them, I am free, right now..." Issei responded as he cuts the call. Time has passed as Hades, Persephone, Melinoë and Macaria came inside the room, Issei gets up and before he could greet. Persephone greets him with a massive hug that almost causes him to fall down, as Persephone exclaimed. 

"Ise-chan! I missed you so much!" Persephone did not change much in the past two years, she still looked the same, except her clothing which was now comprised of petal crowns around her shoulders, a bluish black dress, which had a design pattern in the form of a hourglass. She had worn a brown skirt with its insides being red and brown slacks that extended all the way up her upper thighs, attached by a clothing that she had worn. Her shoulder sleeves were white and her dress was fully sleeved. She also wore a necklace that had a ruby at its center.