Chapter 5: Samurai Sword Training

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

The Next Day, 

Arcadia Training Center, Jupiter City, Arcadia, 7:00 AM

An was standing in the opposite direction wearing her Samurai Armor, she was ready to face Issei. She wielded a Katana that she held in her left hand, however she was much more calmer. Issei sensed a high level of tranquill aura from her body. Her aura seemed calm, almost serene, like it was composed of no hostility. The reason the training happened early was due to the Academy having an holiday. 

"Alright, Issei, we will be learning...my sword technique, Niten Ichi-ryū" An spoke removing another sword, however it's size was smaller than that of a regular Katana, and meant for close combat. It was a Wakizashi. 

"Niten Ichi-ryu? I have heard of that style's name, although I don't know much..." An smiled in response and spoke

"You see Issei, Niten Ichi-ryu. It is a sword style developed in the very early days of Arcadian Samurai. I will be teaching you 10 specific sword styles Issei, so you must learn them proficiently..." Issei nodded as she gave a specific book to Issei. 

"This is the Book of 10 rings, I personally wrote this myself, once I see what you are capable of myself...read the book, whenever you can, alright?" Issei accepted the book and kept it in his pocket dimension. He looked at An who spoke with a serious tone. 

"Now for a fight, I wish to see your skills by myself..." An got into her stance, as Issei nodded he summoned Excalibur in his hands. He charged at An, who easily blocked her strike. Despite this, his strike was quick, with An understanding that Willow trained the boy relentlessly. An pushed him back with her strength, with Issei jumping backwards to avoid a slash she had quickly followed up with, right after she pushed him back

An, once again,  followed up with a strike of her own, she used Earth style, using her Wakizashi, since Issei was a close combatant, this would be perfect, she was able to parry Issei's strikes without a problem. She unleashed devastating counterattacks, that made Issei more on the defensive preventing him to focus on the offense, this posed a problem to Issei, as he knew that he could only use more strength if he had to defeat her. 

"Ddraig keep boosting my strength and speed, and focus it on my hands..." Ddraig nodded as he responded

"Understood, partner.." An was quick, she sensed a sudden increase in Issei's power. Sensing his strikes becoming faster and stronger, An realised that she was being pushed back. She held back against Issei too much. She smirked, she underestimated the boy all too much, she knew that this level of strength was too much for a newbie, however, Issei was no newbie, he was trained by WIllow for months. She decided to add a new layer of strength, however despite this, she did not decide to go all out. Just not yet. 

An backflipped avoiding a slash, she took some distance, upon realising that An was about to charge, Issei mentally spoke with instinct, he had a feeling that if he did not defend from the attack, he would take serious damage. An had a thought for a split second, she had to be careful on not killing the boy, especially since he is Willow's student. However, she had faith that she would survive, she decided to see if this boy would survive or not.