Chapter 7: Elderly Negotiation

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

A few days later, 

Academy of Technology, 12:30 AM

Issei and Invictus were in the Academy of Technology as they were in their classes, they were done for their class at the time, the teacher had left a while back, the duo left the class and were walking towards the gate outside and heading to the cafeteria, as Issei asked

"Say, I wanted to ask, Grimm were aggressive right?" Invictus looked at and nodded, as he spoke

"Yes, eons ago we were mindless beasts under the command of the God of Darkness, but the Ancient Grimm decided enough is enough and fled the lands. Where they ended up was that of Arcadia. The Ancient Grimm built a Settlement and it's species grew, they weren't the mindless creatures made by the God of Darkness, but their own person. The Grimm started gaining sentience and became just like you, Issei. The 4 Founders discovered us and was met with hostiles at first, but in the end, we were able to create an alliance with the people of Arcadia, thus making the Grimm, a part of their Kingdom, or Empire now, and I believe the rest is history." Issei nodded in understanding as Invictus then spoke with a saddened tone.

"Unfortunately, the Grimm in the Four Kingdoms are still primitive beasts, monsters if you may. Although they are quite weak and easy to be killed...the armor I wear is just to show I have a physical appearance...my real appearance is just what I can describe to be a spirit of darkness in physical form..." Issei nodded remembering Invictus showing his true self to both Issei and Nyx, he understood that his true self would horrify any outsiders, but Issei and Nyx were not phased by what they had seen, much to Invictus's surprise.

"Speaking of which, I have noticed one thing, why do Arcadians hate the Four Kingdoms so much, like....there are very few people originally from the Four Kingdoms?" Issei remembered as An and her family were one of the few that hailed from the Four Kingdoms, this included a certain Rose he had coincidentally met during his time while walking around the city with Nyx and Invictus. 

 "It is because of many factors Ise, one of the first is the rampant corruption that is present throughout the four kingdoms, then we have the Huntsmen and Huntresses that act more or less like mercenaries than heroes. And finally, the White Fang..." Issei was surprised by this, as he asked

"The White Fang?" Issei asked, he heard of that organisation, but whenever he asked anyone, he always was told that they are animals and not Faunus. They never told him anything afterwards, as they always refused to talk about the White Fang. All he knew was that they were a terrorist group. 

"They were initially a Faunus Group that desired equality in the Four Kingdoms, but as time passed, they turned more into militancy, and their views became radical. They no longer wanted equality, but wanted revenge. Worse, they eventually became a terrorist group that now destroys even those that peacefully coexist, we see them as nothing more than wild animals...and let's just say the Arcadian Faunus hate them the most..." Invictus explained to Issei, who seemed to understand the situation. He now understood why nobody wanted to talk to Issei about them, they hated them even more. 

"I see now....that is why there is such intense hatred for the Four Kingdoms..." Invictus nodded in agreement, he knew that even the Grimm Kingdom is not a big fan of the Four Kingdoms, however there was someone whom they hate even more than they do for the Four Kingdoms.