Chapter 26: The Liquid Sun

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Advent House, Middle East, Earth-8, 1:30 PM

Issei and the 501st Legion were discussing with Solid Snake and the Rat Patrol Team 01, which comprised of the following Meryl Silverburgh, Ed, Jonathan and Johnny 'Akiba' Sasaki. Earlier there was a talk that had happened between Solid Snake and the rest of the Rat Patrol Team 01, including Akira's bowel problems. 

(A/N: From Left to right, Ed, Meryl Silverburgh, Jonathan and Johnny 'Akiba' Sasaki)

"I see, so you are our assistance against this new threat?" Meryl spoke to which Issei nodded, "Yes, and I am familiar with the situation, including about the events that have happened a few hours ago in the Middle East.."

"Very well then, although you see quite young for a General.." Meryl mused to which Issei spoke, "It's a long story, so what is your mission here anyway?"

"Mostly to eliminate the threat the PMCs posed to the United States Army Criminal Investigation..." Issei nodded in acceptance, as Meryl continues, "Ocelot's goal is to plot an insurrection..but as long as the AT's security system is in place, there is no way he'll succeed.."

"How can you be so sure?" Invictus asked, Meryl was surprised by most of the Arcadians, only seeing a select few of their races in person, but she responded regardless, "They've implemented a system that monitors in real time, every single soldier engaged in action. Whether he is state army or PMC.."

Meryl paces around as she soon takes a seat, "Each individual has been ID Tagged with nanomachines injected into their bodies for that purpose. The Nanomachines keep track of the soldiers and their real-time personal data, 24 hours a day. They monitor each man's position, movement, speed, reserve ammo, firing accuracy, wounds, rations, water intake and supply. Sweat secreted, heart rate, blood pressure and sugar levels, oxygen. All the data gathered on body condition, on sensory organ data, showing pain and fear. Data on every internal response within the body. All of it is collected by an AI at the system's core. This data is monitored at HQ to enable command to make more precise, more rational decisions. It also enables crises management for each individual soldier. It's being used by the US military, by state armies in allied countries, by PMCs. Even Police agencies are starting to adopt it. Unless they agree to implement the system, PMCs aren't permitted to send troops anywhere."

"I presume you've got this system's nanomachines in you too, right?" Nyx asked to which Meryl responds, "Of course, our unit plays by the rules, just like everybody else. It was creepy at first, knowing you're being watched 24/7. But you get used to it, it gives you a lot of advantages in the field too. We get a clearer picture of what's going on around us, so there's less confusion during missions. And our nanomachines communicates with each other making our team-work a whole lot smoother. And that's not all the system does for us. It is a system guarantee against the PMCs. "