Chapter 26: The Liquid Sun

Mulai dari awal

"Security Guarantee?" Macaria asked, "Yes, the PMCs are combat groups without any states or ideologies. They are not fighting out of nationalism or the cause. They don't care why the war is being fought. They're just bodies, fighting on someone else's behalf. They're mercenaries, commodities. So it's easy to imagine them betraying their clients and joining the enemy or refusing to fight, or committing humanitarian atrocities. To keep these things in check, they ensure that no one can use firearms or military vehicles without the proper system ID. It's true for every piece of equipment out there. So even if the PMCs tried tried to mount a terrorist attack or coup d'etat. Their weapons and equipment would automatically be locked out. They wouldn't be able to move, attack or engage in combat of any kind. And there's more, all the data, on the position, personnel and combat strength is leaked to us by the nanomachines. Even if they managed to circumvent the System by getting the Nanomachines out of each soldier's body. They'd be losing their IDs, so they couldn't use the machines.."

"Macaria, it is similar to my creations, the God Keys, I have attached a special Nanomachine that only I can use, no one else can...if the other person does get access to my weapons. The Weapon will not only lock that person out, but will also send the location of the thief back to me, into my devices..." Macaria nodded in agreement, almost everyone knew about the God Keys, since Issei's creation the Judgement of Shamash was broadcasted even on other Earth's at this point. They knew that it would be dangerous if anyone else got their hands on Issei's God Keys. 

"They call the AI, Sons of Patriot. It is a Full proof system.." Meryl responded, as Issei asked. 

"And are the Patriots behind this.." Meryl looked at Issei and responded, "La li lu le lo? What are you talking about, General?"

"Nothing, nevermind..." Some wondered what he was talking about, as Meryl then responded, "Anyways, Liquid would have to register as a PMC in the system along with Nicholas Arc to assemble an army that massive, their armies might even exceed the US military in terms of numbers, and with the Black Arms, I believe in Millions. But as long as they're registered, their soldiers are constantly being monitored, so long as Arcadia and US responds immediately, we can take them down by force." 

"So that was how Arcadia was able to get tabs on the Army, interesting.." Melinoë thought with intrigue, Issei looked at Ingvild's expression and motioned to Rias, as he spoke softly, "Rias, a word.." 

Rias nodded wondering what her General wanted to speak about, they both went at a distance as he gave a glance to Elias who began explaining the plan to the rest of the team. Issei had informed him, Nyx and Invictus prior, as Issei spoke to Rias, "Have you taken a look at Ingvild?"

"Yes, she seems to vengeful on the whole mission, she really wants Nicholas's head...but it is not surprising, many of us do hate him, right?" Issei nodded as he spoke, "That may be true, but I have seen how Nicholas operates, he preys on people like Ingvild...he did the same to Juniper and had it not been for my usage of my armors, she would have been killed. I take it you know what this means, right?" 

Rias became wide-eyed and nodded in understanding as he spoke, "I understand, and since she is vengeful due to her being a Shadow, Nicholas will toy with her and eventually manage to kill her, but I am not going to let that happen...since I am in charge of the team..right?" 

"Indeed, and I am counting on you...her and your PMCs life is in your hands.." Rias nodded in understanding as she accepted this, however their thoughts were snapped when Ed called out

"Commander!" Ed spoke while looking at a monitoring device, as Meryl responded, "What is it?"

"There are troops, 40 of them, and they are not from the PMC, Praying Mantis..." Ed walked towards them and spoke, "They are Frogs and Black Arms soldiers..."