Threats P2

JordynAdams1 & GiovannaSales076 this one's for you :)

"You lasted longer than I thought you would on your own." Were the first words Dick heard as he came to.

"Couldn't resist running back to ol' Brucie in the end though."

The words were cold, hollow... yet filled to the brim with malice and hate.

Dick's eyes blinked open groggily, the world seeming to tilt around him.

So he'd been drugged.

A hand roughly grabbed his chin, dragging his blurry gaze up to a red helmet.

"You're pathetic," the man spat, his voice coming out distorted from what Dick assumed to be a voice modulator.

A kick to his ribs followed soon after, stealing the breath from his lungs.

"W-who?" Dick wheezed, his head lulling back to rest on the floor.

This time when Dick's gaze was wrenched up his eyes were met with familiar turquoise ones.

"Tell me Dickie, did those notes scare you?" Jason asked, his eyes hard and uncaring.

Dick shivered at the thought of the words he'd been reading for weeks... to think those things were written by the brother he'd mourned for so long...

Jason's seemed taken aback for a moment when he saw the look on Dick's face. The heartbreak... the painfully evident hope...

"You're too soft Grayson," he mumbled, the bite gone from his voice. He should've known his brother would do this to him, make him feel again... soften his steely resolve.

"J-ay?" Dick asked.

"Surprised?" Jason asked, a bit of his anger coming back as he sent another kick into his brother's side, ribs giving way beneath his steel toed boot.

Dick curled in on himeself, his shoulders shaking slightly, whether from fear or the cold Jason couldn't quite tell.

Another kick earned a broken whimper from the acrobat.

Jason clenched his jaw, mixed emotions rising in his chest, an unwelcome memory finding its way to the front of his mind. "Shut it," he hissed. "I need you as bait for the Bat, but I trust he'll come whether you're alive or not.

Dick squeezed his eyes shut, his lip trembling as he tried to keep himself from making any noise. He stole another glance at his lost brother, phrases from the different death threats he'd received stringing themselves into a horrific dialogue in his mind.

He flinched when Jason drew near him again, causing the other's face to harden again, his emotionless red helmet once again sliding into place over the familiar features as he turned and walked out of the room.

It was hours later when Jason returned, the door slamming behind him, the noise of his boots preceding him as he approached his brother. "You replaced me?" He asked, voice scarily calm.

Dick opened his mouth to speak, to ask what on Earth Jason was talking about, but his breath was stolen another kick, this one much harder than any of the others... as if Jason was trying to hurt him this time... He wouldn't... would he?

A gunshot echoed in the grimy safe house, Dick's thoughts muddying as his crimson blood spilled from the bullet hole in side... Jason wouldn't hurt him though... he'd never... not his little Jaybird with smiles to spare and bad pranks by the handfuls...