Frosty P2

This one's for GiovannaSales076 mary6224 and jasnikkolfiveharry. It could also be rechristened "The one where Dick has like 500 panic attacks in a row :))"

Things had been weird since Jason brought Dick home from the court. For one, Dick seemed to have regressed in every skill that didn't have an immediate effect on fighting. Verbal communication, social norms, and both understanding and expressing emotions had become hard for the acrobat. Any confidence he'd had before also seemed to be destroyed along with his trust of people in general.

Dick clung to Jason like a lifeline any time the younger was around, following him everywhere he went unless specifically told not to.

In addition to Jason, Dick had quickly deemed Alfred to be safe as well, following the butler when Jason himself wasn't around.

Alfred himself always appreciated the company, even though Dick wasn't much for conversation anymore.

He seemed almost like a ghost at times, following silently behind people and wandering purposelessly through the manor.

Tim and Damian seemed to have the hardest time accepting what had become of their brother. His supposed death had nearly destroyed them both... The way he was right now, however, was almost worse than not having him at all.

"Dick," Bruce called, finding his eldest walking the halls of the manor alone.

Dick startled, shrinking back as Bruce approached him.

Bruce, however, was oblivious to his son's sudden distress. "I actually have a couple of questions I've been needing to ask you," he said, stepping closer.

Dick shuffled backwards, startling when his back bumped against the wall.

"Can you tell me anything about the court? Training methods, locations, names?" Bruce continued on, blissfully unaware.

A frown appeared on Dick's face when he heard mention of the court. He shook his head slightly, looking down the hallway for anyone who could come save him.

Bruce was starting to get frustrated with Dick's lack of response. "Come on Dick, you can't just keep avoiding me and giving me the silent treatment. You're acting like a child," he said, his voice raising more than he meant it to.

Dick let out a scared cry, feet scraping against the ground as he tried in vain to push himself further from Bruce.

Bruce's jaw was clenched, his eyes narrowed as he waited for some sort of answer from his eldest.

Dick's lip trembled, tears starting to make their way down his cheeks.

"Just answer me!" Bruce shouted.

Suddenly Alfred was there. "That's quite enough Master Bruce," he said, stepping between him and Dick.

Bruce stepped back, finally noticing the way Dick was shaking as Alfred held him in an embrace. Hearing the soft sobs as he cried.

Alfred gave Bruce a look that had him retreating toward his study feeling like an absolute piece of trash.

Dick held on to Alfred long after he'd stopped crying, the elder rubbing his back comfortingly.

"You look like you could use a bit of hot cocoa," Alfred said, putting an arm around the acrobat and steering him toward the kitchen.

"Ok," Dick mumbled quietly.