Secrets hurt

This is like the plot line of an entire book I'm trying to shove into a oneshot... so yeah.
Also y'all should check out my new book called 'A comprehensive guide to caring for your ex assassin' :)

A yelling match filled the cave, one Alfred could nearly hear from upstairs in the manor.

It ended as it usually did, with Bruce pointing to the zeta tube and saying a gruff "Get out."

But this time it was different, because he didn't stop there.

"Get out of my cave. I never want to see you again," Bruce spat vehemently. "You're not fit to be Robin, and you're not fit to be my son, so don't come back."

Dick was stunned, tears fell from his eyes as he shoved his hands in his hoodie's pocket and walked toward the zeta tube, his usual sun glasses long forgotten. His heart ached as he desperately wished for his father figure to stop him, to call him back and say he was joking... but the words never came.

Stepping out into the alleyway Dick took a shuddering breath and sank down the wall to sit on the ground. He debated going back. Their argument had been practically meaningless after all, but Bruce's words still rang in his head. 'I never want to see you again.'

It had been years since anyone had seen Dick Grayson. Long enough for him to be replaced by three different black haired and blue eyed boys, all of which had filled the position as Robin for a while, but never could fill the hole in Bruce's heart that he'd torn himself when he'd banished his eldest son from his life.

So when a new hero by the name of Nightwing appeared on the streets, with a similar skill set to that of Dick Grayson, Bruce immediately began searching for him.

It didn't take long for Bruce to find the new vigilante. He was perched next to a gargoyle on one of the old tall buildings in the heart of Gotham city, a place, Bruce remembered, that Dick had always felt safe.

As Bruce drew closer, he made no attempt to conceal his presence, not that it would've mattered anyway. "Nightwing," he said, his voice loosing all of its gruffness.

Dick didn't turn his head at all toward his old mentor.

"It's time for you to come home chum," Bruce said softly, holding out his arms for his son.

That's when Dick finally looked up, almost not believing the words he was hearing. He stood up on shaky legs, nearly falling into Bruce's arms.

Bruce drew his son close to his chest, whispering apologies as the younger's body shook with sobs.

Guilt and sorrow weighed heavily on his chest as Bruce saw how dirty and skinny his son was, something he could've prevented if he'd only kept his temper in check all those years ago.

"It going to be okay Bluebird," Bruce said, rubbing circles on Dick's shaking back. "You're safe now."

Things were awkward back at the manor, Jason being the only one of the three younger bat kids who even knew about Dick Grayson's existence.

"Don't tell me you brought home another one," Tim whined when Bruce and Dick stepped out of the Batmobile.

Jason sharply elbowed the younger when he saw how Dick seemed to try and make himself as small as possible.

"He's not having my title," Damian said defensively.

"Technically it was his first," Jason said, picking up on what hadn't been said.

Damian glowered at his brother. "So you're a replacement too," he said sharply.