Changed

Dick cried out as an opaque liquid was injected into his shoulder. Pain flowed over him in waves, burning through his veins like a forest fire. His pained cries faded to nothing as his body went limp, falling to pull against his restraints.

Jason fought the urge to rush to Dick's side with all he had in him, needing to keep the element of surprise if he was going to get the drop on the thugs who had managed to captured his brother... something that was almost 100% Jason's fault.

When all the thugs had their backs turned, Jason jumped into action, firing off quick rounds of rubber bullets and knocking all of the men unconscious.

"Wing," Jason whispered when he reached his brother's side, quickly working on the chains holding his arms and legs. "Let's get you home Bluebird."

Dick awoke feeling weird. He was in his bed for all he could tell, but there was a sense of wrongness filling his being that he couldn't explain... that is until he tried to stand and his proportions were waaaaaay outta whack.

'Why is my face so close to my... tail?' Dick thought to himself, just then noticing the long fur that now covered him. 'Oh no,' was his only thought.

Dick jumped out of his bed and immediately fell onto his face, his furry paws slipping out from under him. He let out a frustrated whine and slowly got his legs under himself again and began cautiously padding out of the room.

The halls of the manor were silent save for the sound of Dick's nails clicking against the wooden floors.

Dick stopped at the top of the stairs and looked down wondering how exactly he was going to get down while walking on all fours.

It turned out that he didn't have to worry about that. No sooner than he put one tentative paw on the first downward step he found himself tumbling down the staircase.

"Master Dick? Is that you?" Alfred's voice came from the living room, followed by the sound of footsteps.

Dick barked loudly when he saw Alfred walking down the hall, hoping the old butler would be able to help him.

Alfred's reaction to seeing a large dog sprawled at the foot of the stairs was definitely not what Dick had been hoping for.

"How'd you get in here you mangy mutt?" Alfred called, producing a broom from what seemed like thin air and whacking Dick on his back with it.

Dick scrambled off the floor, backing up with his tail between his legs.

"Get out of here you dirty thing," Alfred said, continuing to chase Dick down the hall with the broom.

When they finally got to the manor's entrance hall, Alfred pulled the door open and all but kicked Dick out.

"Shoo! Shoo before I make a call to the dog catcher," Alfred said vehemently, giving Dick one final swat on the backside.

Dick ran as fast as his clumsy legs could take him, pausing to look back over his shoulder every now and then.

Not knowing where to go, he simply hid in the Manor's garden, hoping that someone would figure out what had happened to him and fix this whole mess.

Dick picked his head up from where it had been resting on his paws and listened intently. He thought he'd heard..... there it was again...

When he heard the sound a third time Dick jumped up and raced towards the noise as fast as he could.

Damian was sitting under his favorite tree, sketchbook and pencil in hand when a furry black blur raced from the trees and tackled him to the ground.