Frozen

I literally have 50 unfinished drafts rn... help me... I have a problem

Bruce swore his vision was tinged red as he beat Dr Freeze into the ground. "Where is he?" He growled, his fist poised to come smashing down and shatter the glass encircling Freeze's head.

"You can't take him," Freeze said, his voice cold and robotic.

"I can and I will," Bruce replied, smashing his fist into the glass.

"No!" Freeze called, eyes widening. He kicked Bruce off of him, using one hand to seal the hole with ice, effectively neutralizing himself for the time being.

Bruce kicked him in the side on his way past, mumbling some choice words under his breath.

He moved carefully through the abandoned freight ship Freeze had chosen as his base of operation.

Why Gotham kept so much abandoned crap lying around would always be a mystery to him. The only thing it was good for was giving the criminal world a place to hide.

Bruce worked his way toward the center of the ship, checking every door and closet, any place big enough to hide someone. It was time consuming, and as he went along his anxiety began to rise.

After what seemed like forever, Bruce found himself in front of a thick metal door. A dingy piece of glass showed there to be light coming from inside. He squinted through the glass, nothing but vague shapes visible inside.

The door was locked from the outside, something that made Bruce's heart quicken. This must be the place.

A kick sent the door flying open, and Bruce rushed inside. His son was lying inside of a machine similar to the one that had held Freeze's late wife. Coils glowed with heat, and an IV fed into one of his arms.

Bruce moved to what seemed to be the control panel, pressing buttons until the pod opened with a hiss, the coils on the inside fading back to black as the machine shut off.

Dick's skin was pale, and he shivered, the top half of his Nightwing suit having been ripped away.

Bruce carefully removed the IV and scooped his son up in his arms, holding him close when he felt how violently he was shivering.

Dick's skin was like ice, his breathing regular, but too shallow for Bruce's liking.

Bruce managed to press the button on his utility belt to call the Batwing before wrapping Dick in his cape and making his way back to the deck of the ship.

Dick sucked in a gasp of air as he awoke, looking around his room in a panic and immediately scooting into the corner, his knees held closely to his chest, his breath quickening.

Bruce stirred from where he'd been sleeping in a chair next to Dick's bed, rising to his feet and hastily trying to calm his son. "Dickie," he soothed, "you're at the manor. It's okay, you're safe."

Dick's panicked eyes flickered over to Bruce, fat tears rolling down his cheeks. "It's not ok," he mumbled, his voice raspy.

"What do you mean?" Bruce asked gently.

"H-he experimented on me... he... he wanted to fix himself..." More tears fell, and Dick looked so distraught that it broke Bruce's heart.

"You'll be alright," Bruce said, sitting down on the edge of the bed, making sure to give Dick room just in case he didn't want to be close to anyone at the moment.

"I'm cold," Dick mumbled absentmindedly, staring off into his room, his eyes unfocused.

Bruce's brow furrowed. "I'll go get some more heating pads," he said, taking note of the way Dick had wrapped his arms around himself, rocking very slightly back and forth.