I feel yuckie

Normal batfam except Dick is the youngest. Because there's nothing better than older brother Jason. You're welcome

"Mr. Wayne? This is Gotham academy. Your son is feeling sick and we were wondering if you could pick him up," a woman said from the other end of the phone when Bruce picked up and said hello.

Bruce pinched the bridge of his nose as he sighed. "Can I talk to him please?" He asked.

"Of course," the secretary replied, passing the phone over to the tiny boy huddling on a waiting bench nearby. "Mr. Wayne would like to talk to you," she explained.

Dick nodded minutely, taking the phone in his shaking hands and pressing it against his ear. "H-hello?" He mumbled quietly.

Bruce's annoyance melted away slightly when he heard how shaky Dick's voice was. "Hey bud, I heard you weren't feeling too good," he said.

Dick took a shaky breath in. "I-I feel y-yucky," he whimpered.

"You've got to be a bit more descriptive Dickie," Bruce encouraged.

Dick let out a shaky whine. "I-I don't know," he sobbed, tears running down his face.

"Okay, calm down, it's alright. I'll have Alfred come pick you up," Bruce said quickly.

Dick simply cried harder, his breath catching in his throat. "I-I don't w-want Alfie. I-I want y-you."

Bruce sighed. "I'm busy right now... but I'll see if I can come," he said.

Dick sniffled and handed the phone back to the secretary.

"Mr. Wayne are you still there?" She asked, putting the phone back up to her ear.

Bruce gave an affirmative hum.

"I thought you might want to know as well that Richard puked earlier after recess," she said.

"Thanks for letting me know. Someone will be over to get him shortly," Bruce replied.

"Have a good day," the woman said, ending the call.

Jason pulled up to the school on his motorcycle no more than 15 minutes later, grumbling to himself as he walked up to the front of the preppy school. He'd hated that school as a kid.

He could see Dick waiting in the office, curled up on a bench, his small frame seeming to tremble slightly.

Jason scanned his ID before the office doors unlocked and he walked inside. He immediately made his way to his youngest brother and knelt down in front of him. "You alright Bluebird?" He asked softly.

Dick raised tear-filled eyes to meet his brother's. "Feel yucky," he whimpered.

Jason's demeanor softened slightly, and he scooped his little brother up in his arms. He frowned when he felt Dick's rapid almost panicked breaths against his chest, and he started rubbing circles on the younger's back in an attempt to calm him down.

The secretary officially checked Dick out of school for the day, and they were on their way back to Jason's motorcycle.

Suddenly Dick started pushing against Jason's chest, squirming out of his arms and falling to his knees as he emptied bile from his stomach.

He knelt there, staring at the puddle of vomit, his heart racing as his breathing increased. Sound was cutting in and out, colors blurring...

Suddenly Dick was looking up at Jason. His cheek and forehead stung as if they'd been smashed into the ground. He could feel grass under his body, and assumed, as he started putting the dots together, that he'd fainted and hit his head.

"You with me?" Jason asked, a touch of concern slipping into his voice as he looked down at his little brother's now scratched and bleeding face.

Dick nodded, tears once again gathering in his eyes, his chest feeling like he had a weight pressing down on it.

"Still feeling gross?" Jason continued, helping Dick up into a sitting position.

"A little better?" Dick said, sounding almost as if he was trying to convince himself.

Jason smiled softly. "Good. Let's get you home then," he said, holding out his arms to pick up his little brother once again.

Dick wrapped his arms tightly around his brother, grabbing fistfuls of his shirt to hold on to and laying his head on the older's broad shoulder.

Jason carried the younger to his motorcycle, regretting not bringing a car instead. "I've got your helmet here bud," he said, grabbing the little red helmet he'd bought specifically for the younger.

Once it was fastened on Jason started up the bike, hoping the drive wouldn't make Dick nauseous again.

"We're home Dickie," Jason said, expecting the younger to climb out of his lap and start making his way inside. Instead he simply tightened his grip on the elder's shirt.

"Don't wanna go in," he whimpered.

Jason sighed and stood, taking his brother with him. Instead of going inside he headed to the back yard, a place Dick had always seemed to love.

Sitting them both down in the dappled sunshine under a large walnut tree, Jason decided now would be as good a time as any to start figuring out what was wrong with his little brother.

"When did you first start feeling sick," he asked.

"A-at recess," Dick mumbled back, nestling closer to his brother.

Jason hummed. "Any specific event that might have caused it?"

Dick whimpered pitifully. "Yes," he mumbled.

"What was it?" Jason urged.

"I-I... I saw... s-someone fell o-off the play-set," he whispered. "T-the ambulance came... a-and even though she was fine... I... I couldn't help but... but think o-of my... Mami and Tati," Dick said, his breaths beginning to grow quicker and more uneven again.

Jason held the little acrobat tighter.

Dick buried his face in his brother's chest. "C-can't... can't breathe... s-s-something's wrong w-with me," he said between snatches of breath.

"You're ok Dickie," Jason soothed. "It's because you're breathing so fast bud. Let's try quiet breaths."

Dick squeezed his eyes closed, focusing on matching his breathing to that of his brother.

The tears came once he'd gotten his breathing somewhat under control.

"Shhh, it's alright Dickie," Jason tried to comfort. "You had what's called a panic attack, something you can't necessarily control."

Dick curled into his brother, tucking his head under the elder's chin.

Jason held him like that for a long while, the dappled sunlight eventually lulling his brother to sleep.

Bruce came out to find the two asleep under the tree, Dick curled up in his brother's arms.

"Jay," Bruce said quietly, nudging his eldest awake.

"Is he alright?" He asked, tilting his head in Dick's direction.

Jason nodded, slowly standing with his brother in his arms still clinging to him like a koala. "Panic attack," he mouthed.

Bruce seemed to age a bit in that moment as he looked down at his youngest.

"Thank you," he whispered.

Jason nodded stiffly, giving Bruce a look that said 'It should've been you helping him.'

Bruce sighed, holding out his arms to take the acrobat from Jason's arms.

Jason was right... he should've been the one to comfort his son. To help calm him down and explain what was happening. Dick had asked for him to come pick him up after all...

From now on, he decided. He would be there for his youngest. He had another chance at parenting and he was going to do better.

'I'll do better Dickie,' he silently promised, carrying the little acrobat inside.