Proof Richard Grayson is a Disney princess

Italics = memory :)

Dick leaned against the window, pressing his feverish cheek against the cool glass. His body trembled as he huddled on the window sill, wind and rain lashing at him.

A tap on the glass startled him, drowsy eyes snapping open, body flinching violently and sending him tumbling onto the fire escape.

A little boy stared at him through the window, eyes wide with awe, his little hands pressed up against the glass, his breath making puffs of fog appear.

Dick's heart pounded in his chest, his breathing slightly erratic as he forced a smile for the kid, waving before he jumped and swung away.

He landed a few rooftops over, head pounding. He needed to be out of the rain, but he couldn't quite think why.

Dick's eyesight blurred, his eyes closing for a moment, and opening a moment later, the ground much closer than it had been a moment earlier.

The raindrops stung as they pounded down on his skin. He shivered, his eyes flickering closed. The vague thought of calling for help flitted through his mind... but who would he call?

Dick cracked his eyes open when there was a pause in the pounding rain, a figure leaning over him.

Their mouth was moving, forehead scrunched up in worry, but Dick couldn't understand what they were trying to tell him.

Tim, his brain supplied when the figure leaned a bit closer. "T-mmy?" He mumbled, his voice barely audible over the wailing wind.

An ungloved hand was pressed against his forehead, and Dick sucked in a startled breath. Tim had really cold hands.

Another blurred figure swam into view.

Time seemed to be moving in uncoordinated snatches. A bright light, a bumpy car ride, a soft bed. And at last peaceful darkness.

Panic and confusion twisted in Dick's feverish mind when he awoke. He could make out familiar details from his room in the manor, but that didn't make much sense. He'd been outside last he remembered... Why would he come here of all places? Bruce did want him to come by anymore, he'd told him that morning? Or had that been last week? Last month?

Dick rolled out of his bed, leaning against the wooden frame for support. The room looked lived in... so had he made up with Bruce?

A head splitting pain flashed behind his eyes suddenly, and he stumbled, falling into the wall until it passed.

Dick looked out the window, staring at the green grass, rain still pouring down... and then he was opening his eyes, his leg feeling like a rod of molten led was being shoved into it.

His gaze traveled up to his open window, his hands brushing through the blades of green grass as he struggled to get to his knees.

'Door,' he thought to himself, 'need to find the door... need to get inside.'

Dick leaned up against a moss covered tree, his body soaked and shivering. He winced as he took in another wheezing breath, his lungs aching.

His vision blurred for a moment, shadows moving through the trees around him. He let out a choked sob. "Tati," he mumbled under his breath.

Dick frolicked around the manor's grounds, fighting off imaginary villains as he pretended to be Batman, climbing into trees and swinging from their limbs.

A rustling in the grass caught the little boy's attention, his wild imagination turning the shadows in the shifting grass into an imaginary foe for Batman to defeat.

Dick jumped out of the tree he'd been climbing, doing a flip on his way to a graceful landing.

He dropped into a mock fighting pose, diving at the long grass and rolling around, his giggles floating through the air as he pretended to take down his imaginary villain.

When Dick sat up, his hair mussed and a large grin on his face he came face to face with a large black wolf.

Dick's cobalt eyes met the wolf's, the beast sniffing curiously at the child for a moment before nudging him with its head.

The wolf trotted off a few paces, turning and looking at Dick expectantly as if waiting for him to follow.

Dick's grin grew as he crawled behind the large furry animal, laughing as he mimicked its movements.

He followed the wolf through the acres of forest until they reached the wolf's den.

Dick was nudged inside by the wolf's soft snout, herded over to the corner where 5 or so little balls of fur were curled up.

The wolf pups curled up next to Dick, snuggling up in his soft t-shirt.

Dick shifted slightly. He was so cold, his body shivering violently as he curled in on himself slightly. He heard a quiet huff, and something warm snuggled closer to him, soft fur tickling his cheek and arms. His head was foggy, and his eyelids felt like led weights, sleep tugging at his limbs.

He fought against the urge to let unconsciousness take him, forcing his eyes open.

A large caramel colored wolf stared back at him for a moment before rubbing its furry head against his cheek, gently licking at a cut above his eyebrow.

Dick sat up, leaning against what he guessed to be a cave wall.

The wolf whimpered softly as it looked at him, gently pulling at the hem of his shirt until he finally stumbled to his feet.

Dick limped along behind the massive wolf, the rest of the pack pressing close to his sides until they emerged into a clearing, the manor standing regally amid the trees, painted pinks and golds by the setting sun.

He was nudged forward another shaky step, the caramel colored wolf falling back to stay by his side.

A door slammed open, and suddenly Bruce was there, kneeling in the midst of the wolves, his son held tightly in his arms.

"Sorry," Dick mumbled, his voice slightly slurred. "Can't... do anything right."

Bruce brushed a gentle hand through the acrobat's mussed curls. "That's not true," he soothed.

Hot tears rolled down Dick's flushed cheeks. "I jus' keep making things worse... should've just fallen with... with them."

Bruce was silent for a moment. He rarely talked to his eldest... especially not when he was in this vulnerable of a state mentally... when the walls he'd built for himself were down. "Don't wish for that," he said, his voice cracking. "Please... please don't."

Dick's hazy blue eyes met Bruce's tear-filled ones. "Why not?" His broken voice asked.

"Because without you... without Jason and Damian and Tim... this world wouldn't really be worth trying to save... not to me at least," Bruce said softly.