Remember me P2

*A few months after P1*

"You said we could invite friends to Christmas dinner tomorrow, right Bruce?" Jason asked, midway through typing a text message.

Bruce nodded. "As long as you let Alfred know to prepare for more people," he replied, turning back to the newspaper he had been reading.

"Great," Jason said happily, sending the text he'd been typing and receiving a speedy reply.

"I didn't know you had friends Jay," Tim said with a teasing smile.

"Ha ha. Very funny Replacement," Jason shot back, getting up to tell Alfred to expect another guest for dinner the next day.

A knock echoed through the manor, and the entire family rushed to open the door, each one wanting to get the first look at the visitor Jason had invited.

Alfred opened the door, and everyone else, minus Jason, was struck dumb... Dick Grayson was standing at their door.

"Hey Jay. Is this your family?" Dick asked.

"Yep," Jason replied, hiding his smirk. "This is Bruce, Alfred, Tim, and Damian," he said, pointing to each in turn.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Dick... but you can call me Richard if that makes you more comfortable," Dick said with a smile. He stuck one hand out for a handshake.

Everyone broke out of their stillness and glared at Jason. The only one who didn't openly show how fazed he was was Alfred, who accepted Dick's handshake and invited him in.

"Where should I put my coat?" Dick asked, smile never leaving his face.

"If you'll follow me, I shall take you to the closet area where you can leave your coat," Alfred said, leading Dick away.

"What the heck!" Tim immediately whisper-yelled at Jason once Dick and Alfred had gone.

Bruce looked like he was almost ready to explode.

Damian on the other hand, folded his arms indignantly, trying not to let tears spill from his eyes as he thought of his brother whom he hadn't seen for most of a year suddenly showing up and pretending he didn't know him.

"Hey, you said I could invite someone," Jason retorted.

"Yes, but I never expected... I just... I assumed you knew he wasn't included in that," Bruce said.

"Well, why not?" Jason asked.

"You know why... and this 'I don't know any of you' act is frankly insulting," Bruce growled.

Jason's face hardened. "Well maybe if you cared just a bit more about the man who you apparently never loved enough to even just check in on you'd know what was actually going on," Jason whispered vehemently.

"Mr. Wayne!" Dick called as he stepped back into the hallway. "I don't remember if I told you this before, but you paid for my parents' funeral, and I just wanted to thank you," Dick sent a small sad smile towards Bruce.

Bruce was thoroughly confused. He didn't remember? Dick had thanked him profusely when Bruce had taken him in... was this part of his clueless facade? Or... or was there something else going on?

"Mary and John Grayson. Do you remember?" Dick asked when Bruce didn't reply for a good minute.

"Y-yes. I remember. You're welcome... I was at the circus the day they died," Bruce said, giving Dick a strange look.

"Oh... umm..." Dick said, looking at Jason for help.

Jason was engaged in an intense glaring contest with Tim, rendering him useless in helping Dick.