Blank

This chapter is dedicated to flashbossXD for their request, something I've been trying to finish for a while... I hope it lives up to your expectations

Jason was casually hacking into the Batcave's secure network while he sat in his apartment eating chips.

He glanced through the saved video files to see if he could find a particularly hilarious one to anonymously leak to the internet... you know, just a little bit of payback for being replaced.

He'd just found a lovely video that featured Bruce in a pink tutu with a tiara over his now pink suit... no doubt some sort of tranquilizer was involved... and he was about to download it to his computer when a message popped up.

It was the emergency alert of someone named Nightwing...

Jason's brow furrowed as he clicked on the alert, startled when the gps blip showed up in Blüdhaven. He knew Bruce was currently on trial in space (sucker), so whoever this was probably wasn't going to get any help from him.

His curser hovered over the small x in the corner of the announcement, but strangely, guilt struck Jason as he was about to close it.

Would not going to help this person be killing them?

Jason was completely fine with murder, in fact, he killed people quite frequently, but somehow this felt different.

Before he could convince himself that this was a bad idea, Jason had donned his red helmet, downloaded the location of the emergency tracker, and jumped out of his window.

When Jason arrived at the location of the tracker he looked around, not seeing anything at first, eventually noticing two tiny stripes of blue... finger stripes.

Nightwing was lying in the shadow of an alley, a dark puddle surrounding him.

Jason rushed to the unfamiliar man's side and muttered curses under his breath as he frantically searched for something to bind up the wound. He found an old rag that didn't look too dirty, and he used it to tie a wad of gauze over the gushing hole in Nightwing's chest.

Nightwing was surprisingly light when Jason picked him up, slinging his body over his shoulder and readying himself to grapple home.

Frankly, Jason was more than a bit concerned for this man that he was currently carrying to his nearest safe house. The lightly padded Nightwing uniform was hanging loosely on the man's thin frame, the feel of his ribs noticeable through the fabric. Not to mention the steady drops of blood that were spattering the streets as Jason swung...

When Jason finally reached his nearest safe house he nearly flung Nightwing's limp body to the floor and sprinted off to find the lifesaving medical supplies he needed.

Jason leaned back against the cool wall, glancing over at Nightwing, and eyeing the white bandages wrapped around the man's torso, inspecting his handiwork.

A sigh escaped Jason's lips and he massaged the inside of his arm where he'd inserted the butterfly needle to draw some of his own blood.

'Why am I doing this?' he asked himself, watching his own blood slowly flow into the other man.

Jason's gaze fell back to Nightwing's face... his mask to be more specific. He bit his lip as he contemplated taking the mask off. What harm could his knowing Nightwing's identity do? Besides... the man owed him for saving his life.

The adhesive keeping Nightwing's mask in place gave way as Jason gently tugged it off.

The mask slipped from Jason's grasp and dropped to the floor when he saw the face beneath. Sure, he'd known it could've been someone he knew... or someone he didn't know at all, but he hadn't been expecting this... he hadn't expected Dick Grayson to be Nightwing.