Birthdays

Lol had to change the title because I realized I had one with the same title already :))

Jason held Dick's arms behind his back as the elder struggled.

"Let me go," Dick shouted, panic filling his voice.

"Nope," Jason said, smiling devilishly. "We're not done with you yet.

Dick continued to struggle against his brother as Damian coated him with glitter and stick on sequins.

"Come on Princess Grayson, you ought to be enjoying this," Jason said with a laugh. "It's not your coronation every day now is it.

Dick spit glitter out of his mouth. "What are you talking about?" He said, managing to get an arm free, in the process, knocking the container of ultra fine glitter out of Damian's hand.

A cloud of shiny pink dust plumed into the air. Dick tried to jerk away, moving his head and trying not to breathe it in, but with Jason still holding him in place, he ended up sucking in part of the cloud.

Dick erupted into a violent coughing fit, at which point Jason finally let go of him.

"Uh... happy birthday?" Tim said sheepishly, appearing behind them in the hallway.

Dick looked up at them, tears streaming down his face from coughing so much, and tried to get out a thank you. All that ended up coming out was a string of coughs and very incoherent sounds.

Damian turned and walked away, coming back a few moments later with a glass of water.

Dick took it gratefully, not able to drink much of it, but coughing out flecks of pink glitter into the glass.

"I don't think that's good," Tim mumbled, eyeing the flecks of glitter floating around in the water.

"Wow. He's a doctor and a detective," Jason sassed.

Dick's breath eventually began to calm, the coughing fit ending in a final puff of glitter. "I'll take that water now please," he rasped, voice scratchy from all the coughing.

Damian rushed over with a fresh glass of water. Which Dick gratefully accepted, taking sips as his brothers looked at him in silence.

"That was kind of a disaster," Jason said finally, feeling the need to break the silence.

"Oh, just wait until he sees his palace... er bedroom," Tim replied.

Dick closed his eyes for a moment, massaging the bridge of his nose. This was definitely an interesting thing to be woken up to at an unearthly hour on your birthday.

"Uhh, what do we do now?" Tim whispered to Jason.

"Should we not let princess Grayson decide?" Damian asked with a huff.

"Sure," Jason said. "What do you want to do now Goldie?"

Dick looked up, startled out of his spiral of sleepy thought. "Wha?" He said, looking up at the others with half lidded eyes.

"Sleep it is," Tim said, looking longingly downstairs where he knew his coffee maker was waiting.

Jason hooked an arm under Dick's legs and put another around his back, lifting him into his arms and carrying him to his room... which was now covered in pink glitter, sequins, and wet paint... something Alfred would no doubt be making them clean up.

The problem was, however, that Dick's bed was currently heaped with high heels and dresses, all of which were covered in pink paint. Courtesy of Tim...

Jason looked down at his brother in his arms, finally deciding he'd already been through enough tonight. He turned around and headed toward his own room, laying Dick on the bed, watching with amusement as Damian crawled in next to his brother, curling up next to him. Tim followed closely behind, snuggling up to the eldest. "Hey, this is my bed, make room for me," Jason said, squeezing in next to his brothers.

"G' night," Dick mumbled.

"Good night," Jason, Tim, and Damian echoed.

Bruce held up his phone, snapping a photo of his sons the next morning. "Happy Birthday Dickie," he whispered, deciding not to wake them. "I'm glad they decided to get along for a bit," he said to Alfred, walking down the hallway.

"Oh, just wait until you see master Dick's room," Alfred replied, leaving to prepare Dick's birthday breakfast.

Bruce stood in the hallway for a moment before deciding to ignore whatever was going on with Dick's room, instead opening his phone and looking at the picture he'd just taken of his sons with a smile.

Birthdays always made things seem a bit brighter around the manor.