Just an expression...

This one is based on an idea from Queen1Anonymous that they commented on one of my other books, and thus is dedicated to them... Requests are open for this story, so if there are any ideas you would like me to write about feel free to write them in a comment!

"Do I really have to go Bruce?" Dick asked sheepishly. "I'm not really that good at... you know... social interaction."

"You'll do fine Dickie... Besides, you already have one friend on the team. Wally will help you out," Bruce said, placing a reassuring hand on Dick's shoulder.

Dick whimpered softly and grabbed on to Bruce's side. "What if they find out that I'm a talon, and they don't like me," he mumbled. He stared up at Bruce with his golden eyes. "W-what if they only see me as a villain because of what I was made into?"

Bruce crouched down to Dick's level. "Dickie. I'm sure they'll like you for who you are," he said, trying to reassure his young protege.

Dick stared into Bruce's eyes for a moment before nodding. He was placing all of his trust in the man who took him in, hoping that Bruce was right about the members of this 'team' he was joining.

"Hi... I'm Robin," Dick said with a wave. He was trying to act as confident as he possibly could. 'Fake it 'Til you make it,' he thought to himself.

"Welcome to the team Robin," A girl who Dick recognized from Wally's past description to be M'gann.

"Thanks," Dick responded, flashing a smile towards the green girl, trying to ignore the various thoughts that popped into his head about how he could take each superhero down.

The rest of the introductions went well... at least Dick thought they did. That didn't exactly mean anything, seeing that he wasn't exactly the best at understanding social cues, but nobody was running away from him screaming yet, so he considered that a good thing.

Black canary arrived about 30 minutes after Dick did to start the team's training session.

The six teens lined up in front of Canary and waited for their name to be called in a match.

"Robin and Wally," Canary called when Connor and Artemis had finished their spar.

"Ughhhh. I have to fight Rob? That's so not fair," Wally whined.

"We all need to practice fighting against people with different skill sets Wally," Black canary said, giving Wally a look that clearly said not to argue.

"Rob never looses though," Wally said with a frown.

"Maybe you could learn something from him then," Conner said with a smirk.

"Besides... how hard could it possible be to beat Robin. He looks like an 8 year old," Artemis said with a smirk.

"Ya... but you can't seriously expect any of us to beat a taaa... ahem a bat in a fight," Wally complained, hoping none of the other members of young justice would notice his mistake.

Wally got a weird look from Dick that silenced his protests.

"I'm not 8... I'm 14," Dick said in the sudden silence.