Stars

More Jaydick fluff as requested by jasminejdhdhbdbd
———————————————————————————

Jason turned his head when he felt a hand brush his own. He gazed lovingly at the sleeping acrobat beside him... his sleeping acrobat.

The quiet chirp of crickets filled the air, and the gentle breeze ruffled Dick's soft curls.

Jason sighed, reaching out and grabbing Dick's hand in his own. He was completely content to continue laying on the grassy hill, far away from society and the pressure of hero work...

Dick stirred next to him, stretching and giving Jason's hand a squeeze.

"You're adorable when you sleep," Jason said, pulling Dick closer to him.

Dick laughed, staring up at a sky full of stars. "That one's Orion," he said, pointing out a constellation.

There's the Big Dipper," Jason said, pointing at another group of stars.

Dick lapsed into silence as he looked at the stars. "They're so beautiful," he said after a moment. "I wish we could see them in the city. It would make being out at night more bearable."

"We could move out here you know," Jason said, scooting a few inches closer to Dick.

"Ya... but we'd have to leave behind everyone and everything... As beautiful as the stars are I don't think I'd like to give up on everything to see them more often," Dick said, scooting up until he was right next to Jason.

"We could move to Alaska, I've heard the crime rate there is pretty high," Jason said jokingly.

Dick turned to look at Jason with an 'are you kidding me' look on his face. "Alaska? You know how easily I get cold," he said.

"I'd just have to cuddle you more often to make sure you stayed warm," Jason said, sending Dick a cheeky smile.

Dick huffed, and their conversation drifted off for a moment.

"That one there's Andromeda," Jason said a while later, pointing out another constellation.

Dick squinted his eyes up at the starry sky.

Jason grabbed Dick's hand in his own and began tracing out the shape of the constellation. "You know the story behind that one?" He asked.

Dick shook his head. "Tell me?"

Jason smiled. "Of course... Well... there was this kingdom, and the queen, Cassiopeia, boasted that her daughter was more beautiful than the nereids," Jason said. "And if there's one thing you can learn from these stories it's to never compare yourself to the gods or any other immortal creature..." Jason trailed off for a moment. "Anyway... Naturally the nereids got offended and so Poseidon sent a sea monster to destroy the kingdom."

Dick hummed in response, snuggling up to Jason and enjoying the sound of his voice as he told the story.

"The only way the monster could be stopped was for the king to sacrifice his daughter Andromeda, so he chained her to a rock to be eaten..."

"Naturally," Dick mumbled.

Jason chuckled. "Ya, but luckily a guy named Perseus came and slew the monster before she died," he said.

The only response from Dick was a quiet hum, then the sound of his deep even breaths and his head lolling to the side, coming to rest on Jason's shoulder.

Jason smiled and drew Dick into his arms, resting his chin on the top of the elder's head. He closed his eyes and allowed himself to drift off to sleep with his acrobat in his arms.