Change my heart

This one is sooooo not canon... but it healed my writer's block..... sooo yeah
Also, just a huge thank you to all those who comment and stuff on my one shots! It gives me life ngl :)

Bruce's knees buckled, sending him to the floor, his vision cutting to black.

"Master Bruce!" Alfred called out in alarm, rushing to his surrogate son's side and placing two fingers on his neck. The pulse was thready, inconsistent and hardly strong enough for him to feel.

Alfred tamped down his panic, trying his best to haul Bruce up into his arms and half dragging half carrying him out to the closest car.

Bruce's lips were turning blue, his face ashen, and the butler couldn't quite tell if his chest was still expanding with breaths.

Alfred turned on the car's emergency flashers and sped as quickly as he could to the hospital.

The sound of pacing steps echoed as Alfred repeatedly walked the length of the waiting room. Usually he'd be the one patching up his son, and it killed him to not know what was going on. A nurse had come out to explain a bit, giving him some papers to sign and reassuring him Bruce would be alright, but he hadn't truly processed what she'd said, his mind replaying the terrifying moment when Bruce first fell to the ground.

It was hours later that Alfred was told Bruce had stabilized. "Thank heavens," he mumbled, falling into one of the standard waiting room chairs. "What happened?" He asked after a moment.

"From what the EKGs were able to show us it appears Mr. Wayne was suffering from sudden advanced heart failure. Luckily we had an available organ match... or... he... he wouldn't have made it," the surgeon said solemnly.

Alfred rested his head in his hands for a moment. "Will he make a full recovery?" He asked hesitantly, his mind straying to Bruce's self proclaimed job as Batman. It would kill him if he couldn't go out and fight crime.

"It'll be a few months, typical recovery is from 4-6, but after that he should be able to do anything he could before," the surgeon said, giving Alfred a reassuring smile.

The butler relaxed slightly. He was going to have a hard time keeping Bruce down for that long... but he would take that over having another grave to visit. "Thank you," he said, pausing for a moment. "Can... perhaps could I see him?"

"He's in recovery for now. We're monitoring him heavily. You should be free to see him in an hour or two."

Alfred nodded and settled into his seat.

Bruce groaned as his eyes flickered open. "Alf...red?" He mumbled.

"I'm here Master Bruce," Alfred replied, gripping Bruce's hand in his own.

"Wha? What h-happened?" Bruce asked, squeezing Alfred's hand slightly.

"You collapsed suddenly at home. I... I rushed you to the hospital and you were able to receive a heart transplant in time to save your life," Alfred said softly.

Bruce blinked slowly, the news processing in his mind. "Do... do they know what caused it?" He asked.

"I'm afraid not Master Bruce," Alfred replied. "It sounded like it was something rather sudden. I wouldn't put it past your luck to have been something completely random and causeless."

Bruce hummed in response. "Would I be able to know who's heart it was?" He asked, yawning as his eyes started to droop. "I'd like to do something to help their family out."

"I shall ask sir. But for now I believe it best that you get some more rest," Alfred said with a kind smile.

"O-ok," Bruce mumbled. "Thanks for everything Alfred."