Fistfight

Dedicated to xlilymareex for her wonderful idea! Feel free to comment anything you'd like to see me write.

"If it isn't little Golden boy," Jason said, purposely ramming his older brother with his shoulder as they passed each other in the hall of their high school.

"Stop Jason," Dick growled in reply. "I'm not in the mood."

"Oh, not in the mood? Maybe I wasn't in the mood to see perfect little Goldie today." Jason's group of lackeys laughed at his oh so clever comment.

Dick grit his teeth and kept walking, only to feel Jason grab onto his backpack.

"We weren't done with our little chat Dickie," Jason spat.

"I was," Dick said, trying to keep his calm when all he wanted to do was turn around and punch Jason in his smug face.

Suddenly Dick found himself on the floor next to his ripped backpack, with Jason's heavy foot on his back, making it hard for him to breathe.

"You think it's all about you charity case?" Jason said, bringing his face down towards Dick's ear. "Well, news flash you're just another orphan that Bruce took pity on. You're no better than me."

"I never said I was," Dick gasped.

Jason growled angrily. "I'm never good enough compared to you. I'm sick of Bruce's never ending comparisons."

"Th-that's not my... my fault," Dick said, struggling to breathe with Jason's foot still on his back.

"Actually it is. It's your fault for always being the perfect little circus boy who's never had to go through a single hard thing in his entire life."

"I never asked for my parents to die a-and leave me with Bruce," Dick said, tears beginning to form in the corners of his eyes.

"Maybe they just didn't want to deal with you anymore... Tell me Dickie. Did your parents scream when they fell?" Jason whispered into Dick's ear.

Dick screamed and pushed himself off of the ground, making Jason stumble back. He rushed at his brother raining blows down on him.

Jason retaliated with equal ferocity, ready for a fight.

The two traded blows, and the crowd around them formed into a semi-circle, blocking them in with a wall on the other side.

"You don't know how hard you've made my life!" Jason shouted, his fist colliding with Dick's side.

Dick swept his leg under Jason and knocked him to the ground.

Jason's vision went red with rage as he leapt up and came at Dick again. He pushed his fist forward with all the force of his bottled up rage, and he felt it connect with Dick's face, his brother's nose giving way beneath his fist.

Dick's head snapped back, his entire body slamming into the wall of the school hallway before he fell to the ground.

When the red cleared from Jason's vision his stomach sank. Dick was on his hands and knees on the floor as a river of blood poured out of his nose.

"Mr Todd, Mr Grayson! What's going on here!" A familiar voice shouted, causing the crowd around them to shuffle away.

A teacher stepped forward, Mrs Arkner. She took in the scene in front of her with a scowl on her face. "You two know there's no fighting in school," she said, glaring at Jason.

"He started it," Jason muttered.

"I don't care who started it. Go to the principal's office right now, both of you," Mrs Arkner said, helping Dick up, and escorting the two to the office.