The last flying Grayson

Red hood and Nightwing leapt out of the second story window of the burning building. Red Hood landed with a roll, and Nightwing shot out his grappling hook and lowered himself and the little boy he carried to the ground.

The boy ran into the arms of his worried parents and Jason turned to leave. When Dick didn't follow, Jason turned back around and said, "Come on Wing. Patrol's over."

Dick paid no attention to what Jason had said, tilting his head slightly and listening. "I heard someone screaming," he whispered, looking back towards the building for a moment before shooting his grappling hook up to a window on the top floor and letting it haul him up.

Jason followed Dick's lead, barely repressing a groan. He just wanted to get to sleep at a reasonable time for once. Was that too much to ask?

The building creaked and groaned as the two vigilantes made their way through the top floor, calling out to see if anyone was there.

"There's nobody up here Wing," Jason said, reaching out a hand to steady Dick as an explosive coughing fit tore through his body. He didn't have the filter that Jason's mask provided, and the smoke he was inhaling was definitely not doing anything good for his lungs.

Jason was just about to insist that they leave when a scream filled the air. Dick stumbled in the direction it came from with Jason following close behind.

The two entered a room with a women huddled in the corner, flames climbing up the walls. Dick rushed to her side, helping her up and putting one of her arms over his shoulder, all the while saying reassuring things and helping her towards the room's window.

Dick and the women hadn't made it far across the room when he cried out and fell to his knees, a hand clamped to his side.

The women stood with a blood covered knife, a demonic smile stretched across her face. She watched as Dick fell to his side, clenching his teeth together and groaning in pain. Her smile grew as she looked straight at Jason and lifted her hand. Jason felt some invisible force surge through him, and then he blinked and the woman was gone.

Jason looked over to Dick who was trying to rise to his hands and knees, one hand still clamped on his side.

As Jason watched, Dick whimpered in pain and turned pleading eyes to his younger brother.

Suddenly the building was shaking and the ceiling started falling apart, pieces of it raining down.

The building shook again and Jason raced towards the window.

"Hood... help," Dick's weak voice called.

Jason glanced over his shoulder, his eyes widening when he saw that a burning beam from the ceiling had fallen and pinned Dick to the ground.

Jason took a step towards his brother, before he could reach his side, the spell the woman had cast on him took control. His eyes glazed over with red and all the horrible negative thoughts he had ever had about his sweet and caring older brother flooded his mind. His lip turned up into a sneer, though Dick couldn't see it. "I'll never help you, filthy circus trash," Jason spat before leaping out of the building window and not even looking back. 'Golden boy can save himself,' he thought as he swung off into the night.

All of the members of the Bat family who had been patrolling that night met up on a rooftop that was only a few buildings away from the fire Dick and Jason had been assigned to look into.

Jason landed on next to Bruce, Damian, and Tim. He glared at his brothers, eyes still glowing red under his helmet.

"Hood, where's Nightwing?" Bruce asked, his gruff voice cutting through Jason's foggy thoughts of hatred and breaking him out of the trance he was in.