Missing you P2

Bruce wouldn't go as far as to say that Dick was his favorite child, but he was definitely more protective of his eldest than he was of his other children.

Dick seemed to get captured the most out of all of his siblings, not because they were better at stealth or fighting, but because he'd rather be the one taken than one of his other siblings. He stubbornly insisted on sacrificing himself, a trait that annoyed the other bats to no end.

So it wasn't unexpected when the manor received a call from the Blüdhaven police department saying that Dick had been abducted and was being held hostage.

Jason had been the one to answer the phone. The woman on the other end of the phone had sounded frazzled, and Jason's lack of reaction had phased her.

"Anything else?" Jason said into the receiver of the phone, sounding almost bored.

"Do you even care? I just told you that your brother is being held hostage and your response is 'anything else'." The woman nearly shouted into the phone.

"Look lady... Dick's been held hostage more times than I can even count." Jason said, pausing for a moment before realizing he should probably say something to make him sound like less of a dookie. "We all have, being the children of a billionaire. Dick knows how to handle himself, he'll be fine until we can get him out. Now, are there any more details I need to share with Bruce?" Jason finished.

"The people holding him haven't asked for a ransom, but they did send us a video..." The woman said, taking a deep breath. "If you could have Mr. Wayne come to the Blüdhaven police department so we can work out the best way to handle this situation, that would be great."

"Alright. I'll pass the information on to him. Goodbye." Jason said, hanging up the phone with a sigh. 'Since when did I start answering the manor phone?' He asked himself as he walked towards Bruce's study.

Bruce was sitting at his desk when Jason knocked on the door and walked in.

"Hey Bruce..." Jason started.

"What's up?" Bruce asked, turning to face Jason.

"Blüdhaven police department called." Jason said, looking down at one of his feet as he dragged the toe of it across the ground.

"What did you do this time?" Bruce asked with a sigh.

"Nothing." Jason said sharply, growing irritated at how little his father trusted him. For a brief moment he considered not telling his father at all... but that would only make Dick suffer more, which wouldn't do anything to help his problem. "It was about Dick." He said at last.

"About his promotion?" Bruce asked.

Jason let out an irritated sigh. 'I hate it when adults think they know everything.' He thought to himself. "Just listen to me!" He shouted. "Some men captured Dick and are holding him somewhere. They haven't gotten a ransom note, but they did receive some sort of video. They want you to go to their station and talk about how to go about getting him back." Jason finished. He leveled a glare at Bruce before turning and walking away.

Bruce's heart dropped. 'No, no, no. Not again, not Dick.' Bruce thought again and again. The events leading up to Jason's first death filtered through his mind, each increasing his anxiety and dread. Bruce stood and started toward the manor's garage.

When Bruce arrived at the Blüdhaven police department he was ushered into the back where the police chief sat him down.

The chief was a sturdily built man of medium height who had a large brown handlebar mustache. He sat at his desk and gestured for Bruce to sit in a chair across from him. "Mr. Wayne. Take a seat." He said.