Sick

Dick mentally cursed himself as he opened his eyes. He managed to stumble to his feet, only for his vision to immediately be filled with black.

The ground was surprising close to Dick's eyes when he opened them again. He quickly dragged himself to his feet, and stumbled to the shower.

After a long, warm shower Dick felt marginally better, so he made his way downstairs where he curled up on the couch with a blanket.

"Dick? What are you doing?" Bruce asked when he walked into the room.

"Just... resting. I don't feel too hot today," Dick whispered, not wanting the pounding in his head to get any stronger.

"Well, I have some cases in the cave that I'd like you to go over if that wouldn't be too much trouble," Bruce replied before walking away.

Dick let out a breath before standing and shambling towards the entrance of the cave. He made it most of the way down the stairs before stumbling and falling down the rest of the steps.

There was nobody in the cave to see or help, so Dick dragged his aching body over to the nearest wall and used it to stand. He shivered from the cool, damp air of the cave.

A sudden wave of nausea had Dick on his hands and knees again, at the edge of the drop-off, watching as his vomit fell towards the water below. His body shook like a leaf in the wind as he crawled over to the computer and began to look over cases despite the pounding of his head.

Dick was awoken by the feeling of a cool hand pressing onto his forehead. "Huh?" He asked groggily as his eyes opened slightly.

"Grayson, what are you doing in this cold cave? It is obvious that I have passed my illness on to you," Damian scolded.

Dick didn't respond, instead he simply stared at Damian.

"Come on," Damian said, pulling Dick to his feet and helping him up the stairs to the manor.

Dick leaned heavily on Damian as sweat pored down his face and back. His vision was blurring and his stomach churned. "D-Dami..." he slurred.

"We're almost to the couch Grayson. I will help you get comfortable and then make you a cup of herbal tea," Damian said, dragging Dick to the couch.

When Dick was sitting moderately comfortably on the couch Damian left the room to make the promised tea.

"Did you finish going through those cases?" Bruce asked Dick as he walked into the room.

"I... I don't think so," Dick said tiredly.

"Could you please do that? It doesn't look like you're doing anything right now."

"Y-yeah, sure," Dick said, standing unsteadily and starting towards the entrance of the cave.

Damian walked into the room a few seconds later with a cup of tea in his hand. "Father, where's Grayson?" He asked, concerned for his brother.

"I sent him back down to the cave to finish some cases," Bruce replied.

"WHAT?!" Damian shouted.

Just then, there was a loud thud in the hallway.

Damian shot a glare at Bruce before running into the hall, his father at his heels.

Dick was lying on the floor, a bump swelling up on his forehead.

Bruce reached down to brush some of the hair away, but quickly removed his hand when he felt how hot Dick's forehead was.