Remember me P3

This one's Jaydick because why not... I'd like to dedicate this to mrs-stefon-meyers for their request for a part 3, with an apology for taking so long to actually make it... enjoy
———————————————————————————

Why does it feel like some things get worse before they ever even start getting better?

Jason had hoped Dick would get better over time, that his missing memories would start to return and he'd be able to continue with his life... but that just didn't seem like what fate had in store.

Instead of improving, Dick's memory seemed to only be getting worse...

Dick sat bolt upright in bed, his breath coming quickly and his body drenched in sweat. He looked down at his hands... hands that were too large to be his own. "Mami?" He called, but his voice sounded weird... it sounded too much like his father's... He stood and walked out of the unfamiliar room.

"Dickie?" A voice called out.

Not knowing what else to do, Dick headed towards the unfamiliar voice that had called his name.

An unfamiliar man rushed up to Dick and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Are you alright Dick?" The man said in a language Dick was sure he hadn't been taught before.

"Wh... who are you?" Dick asked, not sure how he knew whatever this strange language was.

"It's me Dickie... Jason, your fiancé," Jason said gently.

"I... I don't... I... I..." Dick muttered, pushing out of Jason's grasp and stumbling backwards. His back hit up against the wall and he slid down to the floor.

"It's alright Dickie... This has been happening off and on recently, it'll pass in a few minutes," Jason said, kneeling close to Dick's side.

"I-I'm scared," Dick whimpered.

"I know you don't remember me, but I'm here for you Dickie," Jason said, wrapping Dick in a tentative hug.

Dick buried his face in Jason's shirt, leaning into the hug.

A few minutes passed before Dick pulled away from Jason, blinking and looking around in confusion. "Jason? Why am I in the kitchen?" He asked.

"It... it happened again. You lost everything for a moment when you woke up," Jason replied tentatively.

Dick sucked in a breath. "Oh," he whispered. "I didn't hurt you this time did I?" He asked, looking at Jason with a pained look.

"No, you didn't hurt anyone Dickie," Jason reassured.

"Thank goodness," Dick breathed, leaning forward again to rest his forehead on Jason's shoulder. "I don't know how much longer I can do this Jay," he said, glancing down at his engagement band. What if one day I just get stuck like that... like a child again..."

"Then I'll be here for you Dickie... I'll always be here," Jason said, wrapping Dick in his strong arms.

"No," Jason said firmly when he saw Dick in his Nightwing suit. "You are not going on patrol, especially not in your condition."

"Condition? Really Jay?" Dick asked with an eyebrow raised. "I'm perfectly fine, besides, if we patrol together you can still keep an eye out for me."

Jason let out a long sigh. "Fine," he finally said, "but only because I know you'd still go out on your own even if I said no."

Dick smiled broadly. "Let's go then Hood, crime waits for no one," he said, climbing through the window and swinging off into the night.