Sacrifice

This is dedicated to winchesteratheart for their request. Enjoy, and remember, requests are open.

Dick groggily blinked his eyes open, his body echoing with the memory of the pain he'd experienced before he blacked out. He tried to sit up... key word tried.

The bedroom shook as Dick fell onto the floor. He quickly jumped to his feet... well, paws, trying to figure out exactly what was going on.

A low distressed growl made its way from Dick's throat as he stumbled into the bathroom on all fours. He placed his two front paws on the counter and pushed himself up into a semi-standing position.

What stared back at Dick in the mirror wasn't him. It was the reflection of a giant black tiger.

Dick stared at the beast that mirrored his own movements. 'What happened to me?' he thought, on the edge of panicking.

A small noise in Dick's bedroom caught his attention, making him hop down, and stalk back into the spacious room.

"Grayson? Are you alright?" Damian called, looking around the room for his eldest brother. Not receiving an answer, he walked around the room, looking to see if Dick was in his closet, bathroom, or some other place.

Damian jumped nearly a foot in the air when he felt a large furry head rub against his arm.

When he had gotten almost all the way to the door, Damian turned back and looked at Dick. When he saw his brother, Damian's face light up with a childish smile of pure joy. "A tiger?" he whispered in awe, coming over to Dick's side immediately and rubbing a hand over the extremely soft fur on his head.

Dick let out a rumbling purr and leaned into the touch.

Damian laughed and bent over slightly to be more on the large tiger's eye level. "Where did you come from?" he asked, scratching under Dick's chin.

Dick stood and padded over to his bed where he nosed at the blankets for a second before sitting down on the floor.

Damian's face scrunched up in thought. "Grayson?" He asked, shock covering his face.

Dick did his best to nod his head, causing Damian's mouth to fall open in shock.

"Wha... what happened to you?" Damian asked, pausing for a moment before realizing that Dick was currently unable to speak English.

Damian cleared his throat and grabbed ahold of the fur at the base of Dick's neck. "Come on," he said, pulling his brother along after him.

"What do you mean you don't know what happened to him?" Damian shouted at Bruce, the younger pacing back and forth.

"Damian, Dick patrolled on his own last night," Bruce said, trying to reason with his youngest.

Damian scoffed, looking like he was going to start yelling at his father again, but he stopped when Dick came to stand next to him. "Fine," he said with a huff.

"I can draw some blood and do a few tests if you'd like," Bruce said, walking over to stand next to Damian, watching his son as he stroked Dick's back.

"Fine," Damian said again, walking over to the medical table, Dick cowering behind him.

Of all the things Dick hated, getting blood drawn was certainly high on the list. He reluctantly hopped up onto the medical table and laid down, not looking forward to what was going to happen.

Damian lay his head down on Dick's furry side, trying to distract his brother while Bruce searched for a vein on Dick's tail.

Dick's claws dug into the table when Bruce inserted the needle into his tail, and started drawing some blood out. He let out a pained whine, trying to resist the urge to jerk his tail from Bruce's grasp.