Powerless P2

GiovannaSales076 Alzenia466 JordynAdams1 0RandomFanficReader0 this one's for you :)

The search for Richard Grayson had been going on for months. Bruce had released information on his approximate date of capture a month or two prior, hoping a large enough monetary reward would be enough to get some information from someone.

Unfortunately it seemed that whoever had taken Dick had done an impeccable job of covering their tracks.

Tim had all but refused to help search for Dick for a solid month, still hurt by the choices the man had been forced to make in Bruce's absence.

As the time went on however, lead after lead turning up fruitless, the entire family started to develop a sense of dread.

Something had happened to their brother... and the longer they looked the more lost he seemed to become.

3 years later

Damian tugged at the shoulder of his new uniform, trying to get it to lay comfortably. He ran his fingers over the blue v shape on his chest, paying a silent homage to the original Nightwing. His brother...

"I know you're out there Grayson," he mumbled under his breath. "You... you have to be."

The wind blew through Damian's now shaggy hair as he perched overlooking the graveyard that held the memory of Dick Grayson. "Come back to us... to me... please," he pleaded.

A shadow flitted through his peripheral vision, drawing his attention from the neatly arranged rows of headstones.

A graceful figure leapt across rooftops, twisting and flipping in the air as if it belonged more in the air than on the ground.

Damian stood, hurrying after the figure, swinging from shadow to shadow in an attempt to remain unseen.

The figure stopped when it reached the wealthier area of Gotham, landing a building that seemed to be more glass than anything else and raising its arms in a stretch.

Damian watched as the shadow stretched backward, falling into a backbend before kicking over gracefully. His pulse hammered in his ears as the figure turned, light catching on the details of his face... Details so familiar the sight made his breath catch in his lungs.

Dick Grayson stood on the building's roof, his expression one of practiced apathy, his posture rigidly perfect.

Damian couldn't find the words to call out as he watched his brother pry one of the building's many windows open and slide inside.

There was a moment of silence, as if the world itself was holding its breath, and then Dick appeared again, blood smeared across his tan skin, his eyes glinting a glowing gold in the darkness.

And then he was gone.

Damian's world suddenly fell back into place, a piece that had been missing finally returned... but something about it felt wrong.

What Damian found when he finally built up the courage to see what his brother had left behind in the glass penthouse was enough to make him gag, bile rising in his throat.

Horror clawed at his heart as his eyes flicked from blood stain to blood stain, eventually landing on the mangled corpse who used to be a politician.

Why? Why would Dick do something like this? The brother he knew would never...