Mini golf P2

Has it ever occurred to anyone just how strangely hours d'oeuvres is spelled? Why could it not just be orderves or something?

Anyway... this chapter is dedicated to Pantone_518 and Asmaabushneba for their requests for a part 2. Enjoy
———————————————————————————

"Um guys," Clark said, trying to get the attention of the rest of the league. "Guys!" He ended up yelling.

The other leaguers jumped, looking over to Superman with looks ranging from glares to slight confusion.

"Batman just left," Clark said, gesturing to the now empty seat that Bruce had occupied only moments before.

"Where'd he go?" Barry asked, racing over to Bruce's seat and checking out the news feed that was still playing on the small holo screen. "Looks like Gotham news," he muttered.

"Batman isn't exactly the kind to run out on a meeting though, even if his city is in some sort of danger. He would at least tell us," Diana said.

"If he really saw something on the news bad enough to make him run off like that then it should still be on right?" Clark asked.

"Nah, the news was just saying something about some attempted shooting. Nobody was hurt, and some kid stopped the shooter, so I don't think he'd have to rush off to fix that," Barry reasoned.

"Maybe he just has explosive diarrhea," Guy suggested.

"Lantern... Please, just don't," Clark groaned.

"Maybe we should just call him and see if he needs help," Diana said after a moment.

"He hates people trying to help him though," Clark muttered. "He doesn't trust anyone, let alone us."

"Maybe we should wait like an hour to see if he'll call us for help, and if he doesn't then we'll call him," Barry reasoned.

Clark sighed and nodded, gesturing for everyone to sit back down so they could continue their meeting.

Bruce settled into his chair in the Batcave, opting simply to stay at the cave and watch over his eldest rather than go out and patrol. He'd just started to relax himself, feeling the tug of sleep on his eyelids when his computer alerted him to an incoming call.

The call was from the Justice League, and Bruce inwardly groaned. They must've noticed him rushing out and assumed something cataclysmic had happened.

Bruce pulled up his cowl and routed the audio to his cowl comm system before answering.

Video feed from the league popped up on Bruce's large computer screen. "What?" He answered gruffly, hoping the league members would take a hint and leave him alone.

"What happened? Why did you leave? Are you ok? Are you trapped? Dying?" Barry asked in something nearer to super speed than Bruce would've liked.

Bruce looked over his shoulder, making sure Dick was still asleep. "I had some personal business," he said quietly.

"So nothing bad has happened?" Clark asked suspiciously.

"Nothing you should be concerned with," Bruce whispered, quieting his voice even more when he noticed Dick begin to stir. "You'll have to call back tomorrow if you'd like to interrogate me. I'm rather busy right now," Bruce said, ending the call.

Bruce plopped back down in his seats, letting out a huge sigh. He didn't even bother pulling off his cowl this time before he closed his eyes and fell asleep.