Little Bird

This one has song lyrics in it :) The song is called Little Bird by The Arcadian Wild for anyone who's wondering. It's also for buckyb20 who wanted more with Babs (Barbara Gordon (I use the names interchangeably)) and Dick ⭐️

Dick enjoyed the anonymity of being Nightwing. Nobody knew his identity, not Bruce, not his three mini replacements. And it was honestly freeing.

Bruce hadn't cared to reach out since he'd kicked Dick out in the first place, and as far as Dick knew he probably thought he was still in San Francisco.

So he swung through the Gotham night laughing, cuz why not have a little fun while saving the world?

Dick hadn't expected to see Barbara out on the streets as Batgirl. But then again, so much had changed in the years he'd been gone that it wasn't too big of a surprise.

The two fought side by side for a few minutes, Babs trying to get him to talk.

Dick simply smiled at her, a real smile and continued punching and flipping over attackers.

Once the would be criminals were securely hog tied Dick gave Babs a mock salute and tipped backwards off of the building he was perched on, shooting out a grappling line and swinging away.

"Wait!" Barbara called after him, reaching for her own grappling gun only to find it gone.

Little bird, where are you going?
I forgot to catch your name

She heard Dick's melodic laughter as he swung off into the night.

What is that song you are singing?
La da da da da da...

The next time Dick was out as Nightwing he couldn't help but keep an eye out for Babs as he swung around looking for the unsuspecting criminal.

He finally found her when his patrol route took him down to the docks.

For a moment Dick was entranced with Barbara's beautiful red hair swirling around her face as she fought. Her grace that of a dancer.

The trance was broken when a heavyset brute of a thug managed to grab her, holding her in a crushing grip as she struggled.

Dick found himself swinging forward before he even knew what he was doing, knocking the man down with a foot to the face before flipping to the ground. He grabbed his escrima sticks, a weapon he'd found he'd had a knack for during his time away from Gotham.

Making quick work of the thugs, Dick circled around to Babs, cupping her cheek with his gloved hand while he checked her pulse. It was strong, good.

Dick scooped Babs up in his arms, shooting out a line and swinging away with her in his arms.

He spared a moment when they landed to send in a tip to the police about the unconscious thugs before kneeling over Babs, tapping her gently on the cheek to try and wake her.

Her stunning green eyes fluttered open, and Dick felt the corners of his lips turning up into a smile.

'She really should get a mask with some lenses,' Dick thought to himself. "Welcome back to the land of the living Batgirl," he said with another smile, fighting his urge to stay as he stood and swung away again.