Chapter 86

After our time at Area Zero, life at the academy hasn't slowed down one bit. Director Cyrano's decision to grant Carmine and Kieran a temporary absence from school has brought some relief. Kieran's quest to rebuild his life means Crispin no longer frets over potential disruptions to the Elite Four rankings.

But amidst these changes, there's a looming issue: my status as the new BB League Champion. Being an exchange student means my tenure here is short-lived, and in just a month, I'll have to return to Paldea. Thankfully, Alice steps up, offering to fill the role. As a former BB League Champion herself, her experience makes her the perfect candidate. With the Elite Four's blessing, I pass the torch to Alice, entrusting her with the responsibility.

A few days later, an announcement echoes through the halls, drawing attention to a meeting called by Ms. Briar. "This is an announcement for the following students: Ash and Serena from Narauva Academy, Alice from Class 3-2," the speaker crackles. "Ms. Briar would like to see you in classroom 1-4. She has some important news to share with you regarding the Terastal phenomenon."

Curiosity tingles in our veins as we make our way to the classroom, anticipation building with each step. Upon entering, we're greeted by Ms. Briar's warm smile.

"Hey, Ash, Serena, and Alice! Glad to see you," she says, her voice carrying an air of familiarity. "You feeling rested and recovered after our big adventure down in the underdepths?"

"We do," I reply, relief evident in my voice.

"Oh, youth really is an enviable thing!" Ms. Briar chuckles softly. "I'm still feeling all wrung out despite having been back for a while now! But on to why I called you here. Since our return, I've been writing up everything we discovered on our expedition. Honestly, I've hardly slept! I obtained Geeta's permission to turn it all into a book, but don't worry - I've made sure to skip a few details and omit the names of those involved."

With a flourish, she produces a book, its pristine white cover sparking shock within me.

"So voila! A proof copy of the book, freshly delivered from my publisher, just for you," Briar announces with a hint of pride.

I accept the book, fingers tracing over its smooth cover, but my thoughts drift to the journal from Professor Turo. Before I can voice my concerns, Ms. Briar interrupts.

"I behaved recklessly in the underdepths. I don't know what we would've done if it weren't for you," she admits, her tone earnest. "You truly deserve a copy of this book - I just hope it's sufficient as an apology."

"I guess that's enough... we're glad that we're all safe," Alice replies, her words carrying a sense of relief.

"Ah! But there was something else I needed to check with you... Would you mind showing me your Tera Orb?" Ms. Briar's request draws our attention, and we retrieve our orbs, noting with surprise as they blink in unison.

"Hmm, I thought as much. It's behaving just like Kieran's and Carmine's orbs..." Briar observes thoughtfully. "I think it might be because your orbs were directly exposed to the energy from Terapagos. Kieran and Carmine say that ever since the underdepths, they've been able to Terastallize their Pokemon without changing their Tera Orbs."

"I see..." I respond, a dawning understanding accompanying my nod.

"Actually, there's one more piece of news I should share with you related to those deepest depths! You know the Terarium Core that hangs from the ceiling of Terarium?" Briar continues, her tone eager. "Well, until now, I'd been keeping it topped up with a mixture of Paldean soil and water from the crystal pool in Kitakami. That's how we've been able to stabilize the Terastal phenomenon on our academy grounds. But the other day, I tried adding crystals I'd collected from the underdepths to that mix - and it caused the properties of the core to change! The result? Pokemon shining in rainbow colors have started appearing all over the Terarium! And they have the Stellar Tera Type!"