Chapter 13

As we arrive at the windmill in the heart of Artazon City, we spot a prepared battlefield, indicating that this is where our Gym battle with the Gym Leader will take place.

"Greetings, Challenger!" A voice greets us, and we look around to locate its source.

"Up there!" Golly points upward, and to our astonishment, we see the man standing on top of the windmill's vanes. It's a precarious position, and we can't help but feel that it's quite dangerous, even though the windmill isn't currently in motion.

Brassius descends from his precarious perch atop the windmill without any apparent difficulty and introduces himself, saying, "You did well to come this far! I am Brassius - an artist specializing in Grass-Type Pokemon. I am also the Gym Leader here at the Artazon Gym."

Serena can't help but ask, "Why would you stand so high up there?"

Brassius explains, "I was observing your Gym Test from atop the windmill, you know. The perception you displayed in finding Sunflora was truly... Oh, how shall I describe it? Yes! It was truly avant-garde!"

His unique way of speaking and artistic sensibilities surprise us, but he quickly shifts the focus to the impending battle, saying, "I only pray that you might demonstrate that eye for beauty in our battle as well. Enough talk! We must begin creating our collaborative work of art!"

After each taking the stage, Brassius confidently asks, "I trust that you are ready? It is time for our masterpiece to take shape!"

As the Gym Leader sends out his first Pokemon, a Petilil, we notice that he's holding a whip in his hands. Concern crosses our minds as we hope he won't use it to harm or discipline his Pokemon in any way. Serena begins the battle by sending out Spidops, a Bug-Type Pokémon.

Brassius declares, "Art is creation and destruction! Struggle, else your defeat will nourish my Pokémon!" Petilil initiates with Mega Drain, but Serena has Spidops react swiftly with Silk Trap to block the incoming attack. Spidops counters with Bug Bite, dealing a solid hit to Petilil. Brassius orders Petilil to use Sleep Powder. To Serena's dismay, Spidops succumbs to sleep, forcing her to switch to Mimikyu.

With Mimikyu on the field, Petilil attempts another Mega Drain, but the Disguise ability holds firm, protecting Mimikyu from harm. Serena capitalizes on this opportunity, commanding Mimikyu to finish the battle with Play Rough. Mimikyu steps forward, relentlessly attacking Petilil until it faints.

Brassius enthusiastically remarks, "You know... just by watching the battle, I can already see a lot of inspiration in it. However, I will like to see you show more of it with my Smoliv!"

He sends out Smoliv, his second Pokémon, which sets up Grassy Terrain before unleashing Terrain Pulse, dealing significant damage to Serena's Mimikyu.

Serena tries to counter with a Shadow Claw, but she soon realizes her mistake – Smoliv is not only a Grass Type but a Normal Type as well, making Shadow Claw ineffective.

Brassius seizes the opportunity, commanding Smoliv to plant a Leech Seed on Mimikyu, slowly sapping away its remaining health.

Mark offers some insight, saying, "If only Serena didn't make that mistake, Mimikyu would've dodged the Leech Seed."

Understanding the situation, I reply, "We all make mistakes. Besides, she's a little confused because of the Terrain Pulse, since the Grassy Terrain makes it a Grass Type, and the Grassy Terrain also boosts the attack as well."

Serena calls upon Spidops to rejoin the battle, and it's awake and ready to fight. Spidops employs Silk Trap to block Smoliv's Razor Leaf attack before retaliating with Bug Bite once again.