Chapter 41

As the curtains part, the purple-colored Starmobile comes into view, and I can't help but wonder why Atticus is dressed like a ninja with his face concealed.

"Pray forgive my sudden entry. 'Tis I, Atticus!" he proclaims. "You're those scoundrels, Ash and Serena, I take it? You have some nerve baring your fangs at Team Star."

"Why the hostile tone? Have you forgotten about us?" Serena demands. "We used to be friends!"

"Yes, we were friends, but here, you are villainous wretches! Come, then! A plunge into grim poison shall be your well-deserved fate. En grade!" Atticus declares.

Unlike Mela and Giacomo, he's going with three Pokémon. The three Pokémon Atticus sends out are Skuntank, Muk, and the genuine Revavroom, which is the Steel and Poison Type version rather than the one as the Starmobile.

"So, that's the real Revavroom..." Serena observes. We choose Ursaluna, Farigiraf, and Pikachu as our battling trio.

"Naught but punishment awaits thee, wretches! A plague on your house!" Atticus exclaims, commanding Skuntank to use Sucker Punch on Ursaluna and Muk to strike with Drain Punch against Farigiraf.

"Pikachu, Discharge! Ursaluna, Headlong Rush!" I instruct both Pokémon to attack, but they swiftly evade our moves. Skuntank then uses Toxic, poisoning all of our Pokémon.

"Farigiraf, Twin Beam on Muk!" Serena orders, and the attack successfully lands on the Pokémon. However, just before the attack connects, Skuntank manages to strike Farigiraf with Sucker Punch. Meanwhile, Muk's use of Acid Armor and Minimize makes it a difficult target to hit, and it ultimately defeats Farigiraf with Drain Punch and the Poison status effect taking its toll.

"The poison status is indeed proving to be troublesome," Lucine observes.

"Ursaluna, Blood Moon, now!" I command, and the attack successfully lands, knocking out Muk in a single hit. Revavroom retaliates with Bulldoze, dealing super-effective damage to Pikachu.

"As expected from the two of thee. Thee art still the same as at each moment," Atticus remarks.

"And you, as always, stick to your poison-themed battle style," I reply. Then I instruct Pikachu to use Dig, which defeats Skuntank. Now, the only remaining challenge is Revavroom. Ursaluna charges in with a Headlong Rush, delivering the final blow to the last Pokémon.

"You think to give me a taste of mine own poison? Fie! I will fight on till the bitter end!" Atticus yells as he leaps off the Starmobile.

Now, we face the Starmobile, with Pikachu and Ursaluna still suffering from the Poison status. Thanks to Golly, who heals our Farigiraf, we bring it back into the battle, and Zoroark joins in too.

"Noxious Torque!" This time, the Starmobile employs a Poison-Type move, and after it hits Farigiraf, it becomes poisoned. Farigiraf responds with a Psychic attack, along with Zoroark's Night Daze, dealing significant damage. However, the Smog attack and the Noxious Torque continue to poison all of our Pokémon. In the end, Pikachu and Ursaluna return to the battle as well, and all four of them unleash their attacks, eventually destroying the giant car and taking down Revavroom along with it.

"Forgive me, my friends..." Atticus exclaims with horror, his hands trembling, before he removes the mask to reveal a young boy with grey hair and makeup. "For the sake of the team, I would give my very heart and soul... but I cannot defy the rules. Our code must be obeyed."

He walks toward us and continues, "And so... this badge is no longer mine to keep. I entrust it to your care."

Atticus hands me the Poison Badge, making it the tenth badge I've obtained. After taking a picture together, we bow to each other for the photograph.