Chapter 38

The final day of our school trip has arrived, and we gather to make a significant decision. We decide to transfer the Loyal Three Pokemon to our parents in the hopes that they can help cleanse their evilness and misguided actions.

Just as we are in the process of completing this task, a call comes in on the Rotom Phone. It's Carmine, and she's requesting that we meet her at Loyal Plaza. Without hesitation, we agree to her request and make our way to the designated location. There seems to be something important awaiting us at Loyal Plaza.

"There you are! You're taking your time!" Carmine exclaims, grinning. "You really battled great yesterday, Ash. I guess the Mask Retrieval Squad has completed its mission."

"Where's Kieran? Isn't he with you?" Alice inquires with concern.

"Kiki... Well, he's shut himself in his room ever since he got home yesterday," Carmine responds, his expression turning serious.

"He won't come out? That's unhealthy," Luke remarks, his brow furrowing.

"Yeah..." Noticing our guilty faces, Carmine reassures us, "Oh, but you don't need to feel guilty or anything, you guys. It all started 'cause I said we should keep the whole Ogerpon thing a secret... And you wouldn't think it, but... Kiki's got a bit of an ego too! He doesn't take losing well."

Then she turns to our Ogerpon, asking, "Anyway, how are you doing?"

Ogerpon jumps up and down, conveying its excitement and great mood. Carmine smiles warmly and says, "I'll be honest, I've grown really fond of Ogerpon myself! Guess Kiki's rubbed off on me a bit. Do you think you could let me have a battle with Ogerpon?"

Serena queries, "You want to battle Ogerpon? Well, what do you say, Ogerpon?"

Ogerpon nods eagerly, clearly eager to engage in a battle. Carmine's smile widens as he remarks, "I knew you'd say yes! You're not one to turn down a good battle. I think its battle style changes depending on its mask, so is it all set and ready to go?"

"Of course. This time, I'll be the one commanding Ogerpon," Serena declares as she and Carmine prepare for their battle. It's a five-on-five battle, and Carmine decides to lead with Mightyena as her first choice. Serena assures her that Ogerpon will get her turn and sends out Spidops as her opening Pokémon.

"You made me wake up early for this, you know! You'd better make it worth my time!" Carmine declares as she orders Mightyena to use Play Rough. However, Spidops has other plans and swiftly counters with Silk Trap, not only shielding itself but ensnaring Mightyena in silk to reduce its speed. Then, Spidops executes Circle Throw, dealing both super-effective damage and forcing Mightyena back into its Poké Ball, summoning Morpeko to the battlefield.

"Yeesh, you really hit where it hurts, don't you? I bet you're REAL popular back home!" Carmine exclaims with frustration, prompting her Morpeko to unleash Thunder Wave, paralyzing Spidops. Spidops retaliates with Skitter Smack, but Morpeko clings on thanks to its Focus Sash. Morpeko then responds with Lash Out, and the match eventually reaches a draw when Morpeko uses Aura Wheel and Spidops uses Headbutt at the same time.

In the second round, it's Mightyena facing off against Paldean Tauros in its Combat Form. Tauros takes the initiative, launching a powerful Close Combat that inflicts substantial damage upon Mightyena. Mightyena retaliates with a fierce Play Rough. The battle reaches a thrilling conclusion when Tauros employs Double-Edge, dealing significant damage to knock Mightyena out but also succumbing to the recoil, which knocks Tauros out of the battle. The match ends once more in a draw due to these simultaneous actions.

Leavanny is Carmine's third Pokémon, and Serena selects Corviknight as her next battler. Corviknight takes the offensive with a powerful Drill Peck, causing significant damage to Leavanny. However, Leavanny counters with Swords Dance, boosting its attack power before delivering a swift Leaf Blade attack, striking Corviknight effectively, despite the move not being super effective.