Chapter 80

In the Canyon Biome, the rocky terrain dominates our surroundings, making it an ideal habitat for various Pokémon. The starter Pokémon in this biome include Squirtle, Turtwig, Treecko, Litten, and Tepig, all of them seemingly at home amidst the rocky landscape. As we continue our exploration, we also spot Rock and Fighting type Pokémon in the area.

Alice comments on the unique mix of species in this biome, saying, "You know... in the Crown Tundra there are living fossils except for the ones from Sinnoh... but here, it is the opposite... they have the living fossils from Sinnoh, or Ancient Hisui..."

Insey proudly mentions, "Yeah, thanks to this place I get to see wild Kleavors and even have one of my own," with a grin on their face.

Minami adds, "And there is also Chargestone Cave. A mini version but filled with Chargestones."

I share my enthusiasm for the environment, saying, "Really? I did mention before that Chargestone Cave is one of my favorite places in Unova. Formulas express the forces behind electricity, its connection to Pokémon, and humans and Pokémon themselves."

Alice teases me, noting, "You're acting N again, Ash..." with a sigh.

I decide to read the Rotom Phone description for Amarys, revealing her background, "Amarys, BB League rank: #4. Has trained Pokémon since she could walk and talk. Directs Steel Pokémon precisely to calmly corner opponents. She's also the student council president. From Castelia City in Unova."

Lucine chuckles, saying, "Slightly exaggerating..." She continues, "But a student council president... she probably acts different than Nemona."

Serena agrees, "I know what you mean."

Finally, we arrive at the Canyon Biome, having spent 50 more BP. The staff calls out, "Now here she comes - our very own Amarys!"

Amarys approaches us and acknowledges, "Ash, yes? As you see, I'm present and ready for your trial. A change of location is required... Come."

We follow her until we reach the summit of a hill, where she addresses us, "The decision to allow you to take on the League was irregular. An exception among exceptions... I was against it, as you know. But the academy allowed it, and their ruling is absolute. Therefore, I will carry out my duty as a member of the Elite Four as flawlessly as I always do."

I express my regret, saying, "Sorry about that... we weren't meant to get dragged into this mess," with a frown.

Amarys proceeds to explain the Elite Trial she has devised, naming it the "Flying Time Trial." She elaborates, "You will need to fly around the skies of the Terarium while riding a Pokémon. Reach the goal within the prescribed time, and you will pass the trial. Fly through the Magnemite rings, and extra time will be added to the countdown. I recommend you go through as many rings as possible as you fly toward the goal." We notice numerous Magnemite rings suspended in the sky.

Drandon, puzzled by the choice of a flying trial for a Steel-type specialist, comments, "Flying trial for Steel? That isn't what I'm expecting..."

Amarys instructs us, "I assume you have a Pokémon to ride on. Please bring it out of its ball."

As I contemplate which Pokémon to choose for the challenge, Miraidon emerges from his Poké Ball on his own. I express my surprise, "Miraidon?" Amarys takes the initiative, providing Miraidon with a special herb-based supplement that enhances his flight capabilities. Miraidon visibly brims with energy, reminiscent of our previous adventures while searching for Herba Mysticas.

Amarys clarifies, "What your Miraidon just consumed is a supplement that enhances a Pokémon's flight capabilities. I prepared it using the leaves of a mysterious plant that was found growing in the Terarium. Your Miraidon will be able to soar through the skies as it pleases."