Chapter 21

As we leave Levincia, we find ourselves in East Province Area 2, determined to train our Nymble and guide it toward its evolution into a Lokix. Our strategy involves engaging in Tera Raids and battling various Pokémon to accumulate valuable experience points. Gradually, we witness Nymble's transformation into a formidable Lokix. Furthermore, we diligently teach it the powerful Axe Kick technique.

Lokix: The Grasshopper Pokemon: Bug Type. Evolve from Nymble at LV:24. It uses its normally folded third set of legs when in Showdown Mode. This places a huge burden on its body, so it can't stay in this mode for long.

And so, our training session continues until a sudden gasp from Serena captures our attention. She exclaims, "Ash! Look over there... it's Tandemaus, and it has a little one!"

"What? A child?" I'm taken aback as we spot a small child Pokémon standing behind the two Tandemauses. Confused, I inquire, "What's happening here?"

Golly reassures us, "Don't worry, Brother. Your Tandemaus is evolving into Maushold!"

"Maushold?" Serena and I exchange puzzled glances. Serena voices our confusion, saying, "But there's no known evolution sequence for this! It's really unusual..."

"That's what makes Maushold special," Drandon explains. "Maushold possesses its unique move, 'Tidy Up,' which can clear hazards like Stealth Rocks, Spikes, or Substitutes. It's an excellent move to have. Moreover, what you're witnessing here is exceptionally rare—a family of three Pokémon. Typically, they evolve into a family of four."

"Well, I suppose we're quite fortunate," I respond with a nonchalant shrug.

Motivated by our newfound understanding of the unique evolution path of Tandemaus, we set out to capture another one with the intention of witnessing its evolution into the Family of Four. As we observe the process this time, we finally begin to discern the remarkable differences that set this particular evolution apart from the more common forms.

Maushold (Family of Four): The Family Pokemon: Normal Type. Evolve from Tandemaus at LV:25. The two little ones just appeared one day. The group might be a family of related Pokémon, but nobody knows for sure.

Maushold (Family of Three): The Family Pokemon: Normal Type. Evolve from Tandemaus at LV:25. The little one just appeared one day. They all live together like a family, but the relationship between the three is still unclear.

Our attention shifts to Smoliv, our next Pokémon in line for evolution. As it undergoes the transformation, we're astounded to witness its human-like appearance. However, it differs significantly from Gothitelle, resembling more of a doll-like figure rather than a traditional human form.

Dolliv: The Olive Pokémon: Grass and Normal Type. Evolve from Smoliv at LV:25. It basks in the sun to its heart's content until the fruits on its head ripen. After that, Dolliv departs from human settlements and goes on a journey.

We decide to pair Swellow with Wattrel for joint training sessions. It turns out that the Wattrel I caught is a female, and surprisingly, Swellow, who has become accustomed to absorbing Electric-type attacks, forms a strong bond with her in a short span of time.

I find myself musing aloud, "Why do our Pokémon seem to develop romantic feelings for each other so easily?"

Serena, who's hugging me from behind, offers a compassionate perspective, "Ash, you shouldn't complain about it. They have emotions just like we do."

I relent with a sigh, conceding, "I suppose you're right."

After the rigorous training, we're overjoyed to witness Wattrel's evolution into Kilowattrel, an achievement that fills us with pride and satisfaction.