Chapter 26

Arriving in Cascarrafa City, the location of the Water Gym, I'm surprised to discover that this city also connects to the vast Asado Desert, the largest desert in the Paldea Region.

Drandon comments, "So the Water Type Gym... must be an easy one for you, don't you think?"

Pondering the peculiar geography, I reply, "It's quite strange that the Water Gym is situated near the desert... but I'm prepared for my fourth badge."

As we approach the Water Gym, a frantic voice suddenly rings out, exclaiming, "Vaultin' Veluza! I'm late! I'm late!"

We turn to see a man, almost bald and clad in a blue apron, rushing out of the gym in haste. I remark, "Hey, isn't that the Gym Leader?"

Serena observes, "But it seems like he's running for something..."

Then, a staff member rushes out of the gym, calling after the Gym Leader, "Ah... Kofu! Wait!" However, her efforts are in vain as the Gym Leader escapes her grasp. The staff member laments, "Ahh, he got away. How am I supposed to return this to him now...?"

The staff member notices us and asks, "Oh, hey! You're here as a Gym challenger, right?"

I confirm, "Yeah, I am."

"I knew it! Of course, you are!" The staff member continues, "That big man that just left is Kofu, leader of the Cascarrafa Gym. He has a bit of a childlike side to him, and today, he's run off to the market without his wallet. He'll be in big trouble without it..."

Lucine expresses her concern, saying, "That's horrible! How is he supposed to buy things if he doesn't have any money?"

Drandon chimes in with a possible solution, "But he should have his Rotom Phone, and he can pay with LP."

"That's where you come in, kind Gym challenger! Could you please take Kofu's wallet to him?" the staff member pleads.

I agree to help and accept the wallet, which curiously resembles a Venonat.

The staff member exclaims, "Ohhh! You're too kind! I'd give you a Gym Badge right now if I could! I'm counting on you! Kofu's headed to Porto Marinada. It's on the other side of the desert to the west. Be careful, though. There are many dangerous Pokémon in the desert!"

With a nod of understanding, we head to the desert using the special lifts in the city, taking care to avoid any trouble as we make our way toward Porto Marinada in pursuit of the Gym Leader.

"This desert sure is a big one..." I remark.

Golly offers some guidance, saying, "But if we continue walking north, we can just arrive at West Province Area 2."

We follow Golly's lead and head northward, navigating through the vast desert terrain, keeping an eye out for any potential dangers along the way. We decide to make a brief stop as I spot a Pokémon that I want to capture. It's a dung beetle, busily rolling a mud ball along the desert floor. I take out my Poké Balls and approach it slowly, hoping to add this unique Pokémon to my team.

Rellor: The Rolling Pokemon: Bug Type. This Pokémon creates a mud ball by mixing sand and dirt with psychic energy. It treasures its mud ball more than its own life.

"And just like Pawmot... this guy also evolves by walking with 1000 steps," I explain. "Serena, do you want to do it this time?"

"Sure," Serena agrees, taking charge of the situation. She begins to walk alongside the Rellor, steadily accumulating steps. Eventually, after walking for a while and sharing some Exp. Candies, the Rellor undergoes a remarkable evolution. The mud ball it once carried now appears to contain an entire universe within it.