Chapter 63

When we finally arrive at the courtyard, the eight of us wait until Penny shows up. She's concealing her face with her hoodie and mutters, "Ash, Serena... guys... Thanks for coming."

"Penny? Why are you covering your hair like that?" I inquire, puzzled by her behavior.

"Oh, sorry," she responds, removing the hoodie and revealing herself to us. To our astonishment, she wears an evil grin that sends a shiver down our spines.

"I don't like that face..." Drandon mutters, expressing his unease.

"Penny?" Lucine questions.

Serena observes, "Or should we say... Cassiopeia? The Big Boss of Team Star?"

"Heh. This must be quite a shock for you," Penny says. "The big boss... Cassiopeia... They were both me all along."

"Not at all, we had suspicions, and it turns out we were right all this time," Serena replies, her tone unwavering. "But why are you trying to disband your own team?"

"When I saw you make quick work of those Team Star lackeys outside school that time, the idea for Operation Starfall suddenly came to me. My skills let me get hold of as much LP as I want, so I decided to use that to tempt you into helping me out," Penny explains.

"Well, we didn't help because of the amount of LP," I respond with a sigh. "We only helped because we want to stop Team Star from doing something they might regret in the future."

"After the operation started, I kept an eye on you guys as a member of the 'supply unit'... And I had you battle the bosses on my behalf. All for the goal of defeating me and putting an end to Team Star once and for all," Penny elaborates.

Curiously, she still wants to fight us, and the reason for her resolve is about to be revealed. "But still... there's a part of me that wants Team Star to live on! I can't just roll over and let you win without putting up a fight! This is the final showdown. Are you ready?"

"Bring it on, I'll fight you," Serena confidently accepts the challenge, ready for the ultimate battle that will determine the fate of Team Star.

"Thanks," Penny acknowledges, and at the same time, Clive arrives at the scene. "Sorry to keep you. The letter of apology Ms. Tyme had me - Errr... I mean, preparations took longer than expected."

Penny gazes at Clive and inquires, "That voice... Are you Clive?"

"Penny. So it was you after - Ah. No, I mean... Is that you, Cassiopeia?" Clive asks, feigning surprise.

"In the flesh. I've a task for you, Clive, if you'll accept it," Penny says. "I want you to record what happens next so I can send the video to Team Star. They need to see the outcome of this battle for themselves."

"O-OK... Will do," Clive agrees, taking out the Rotom Phone to prepare for recording the battle.

Serena and Penny stand on opposite sides, and Penny declares, "Then allow me to introduce myself properly... I'm the big boss of Team Star. The name's Cassiopeia—No... Penny! Now, bow down before the overwhelming might of Team Star's founder!" The final showdown begins, and the fate of Team Star hangs in the balance.

She throws a Pokéball and sends out Umbreon. Serena retaliates, "Bring it on! Flamigo, come on out!"

Serena sends out Flamigo as her first Pokémon, and Penny declares, "I won't hold back in this battle! I'll stay true to Team Star's code! Let's start with Quick Attack!"

Umbreon lunges at Flamigo with a Quick Attack, but Flamigo adeptly dodges and counters with Low Kick, slamming Umbreon to the ground.

"Use Psychic!" Penny commands Umbreon, and it unleashes the Psychic attack, which hits Flamigo. Though Flamigo manages to withstand the attack, its Special Defense drops significantly. Serena quickly responds with "Roost," allowing Flamigo to heal itself. Then, Flamigo goes for Mega Kick, which has been weakened by Umbreon's Baby-Doll Eyes, but it follows up with another Low Kick, ultimately defeating Umbreon.