Chapter 64

After we arrive in front of the League, Chairwoman Geeta is already there, ready to enter.

"Hello. Ash and Serena, I see your friends are here as well," Geeta greets us. "So, this is it... You've decided to face the Pokemon League. The final test you must pass to become a Champion... is held here in this building. I wish you the best of luck from the bottom of my heart, Ash and Serena. I look forward to meeting you again soon."

With that, Chairwoman Geeta enters the building, leaving us to contemplate our next steps.

Alice speaks up, "So, who's going first?"

"I'll go first," I declare confidently. "I'm determined to win the League."

Serena chimes in, "It might be a good idea for us to watch the battles first and get a feel for the competition."

The staffer in charge of the entrance addresses me, "Are you ready to face the Pokemon League's Champion Assessment?" I nod, proudly displaying my 8 Gym Badges.

"Let's see here... Ash Ketchum from Narauva Academy, is it? It appears you have a total of 8 Gym Badges! Very well! You may now proceed to the interview room."

"Interview room?" I question with surprise, not recalling this step in previous Leagues.

"As for the other visitors, please wait until the interview is finished," the staff instructs our friends, who must remain outside the building for now.

Inside the interview room, I find Rika, one of the Elite Four members, waiting for me. She gestures for me to take a seat and says, "Thank you for coming today. Please, do have a seat."

I nod and sit down, ready to begin the interview portion of the Champion Assessment.

"I, Rika, will be your interviewer. Let's get started with the first portion of the Champion Assessment. We begin with the interview. First things first - let me see how many Gym Badges you have..."

Rika examines the computer and says, "Excellent! You have all eight!" She then turns her attention back to me. "Next, I'd like to ask you a few questions, if you wouldn't mind, Ash."

"Not at all," I reply, trying to stay calm.

"Please think carefully, as you may automatically fail the interview depending on your answers," Rika warns me.

With that, the interview begins, and I answer the questions to the best of my ability:

Question 1: "How did you get here today?" Answer: "I came here by walking with my friends, who are outside waiting for me."

Rika nods, seeming satisfied with my response.

Question 2: "Please tell me the name of the school you are enrolled in." Answer: "The school is Narauva Academy."

Rika acknowledges my answer and continues.

Question 3: "What brings you to the Pokemon League today?" Answer: "I came here to become a Champion so I can fulfill my promise with my friends."

Rika appears to be pleased with this response.

Question 4: "What do you intend to do if and when you become a Champion?" Answer: "I want to become stronger until I reach the goal of being the Pokemon Master."

Rika continues with her questions.

Question 5: "Which of the eight Gyms gave you the most difficulty?" Answer: "I think it is the Glaseado Gym; I failed a lot of times with the Gym Test until I passed."

Rika nods, acknowledging my response.

Question 6: "What was the name of the Gym Leader you faced there?" Answer: "It's Grusha, the Subzero Shredder."