Chapter 11

Now, we've arrived in South Province Area 3, teeming with Pokémon such as Rookidee, Yungoos, as well as some Pokémon we already have. Additionally, we've come across some new Pokémon, including a Rock-type Pokémon called Nacli. Since we don't have one yet, we decide to capture Nacli. To our delight, when Sprigatito manages to weaken Nacli, it undergoes an evolution into its second stage.

Floragato: The Grass Cat Pokemon: Grass Type. Evolve from Sprigatito at LV:16. The hardness of Floragato's fur depends on the Pokémon's mood. When Floragato is prepared to battle, its fur becomes pointed and needle-sharp.

Nacli: The Rock Salt Pokemon: Rock Type. The ground scrapes its body as it travels, causing it to leave salt behind. Salt is constantly being created and replenished inside Nacli's body.

"Nacli's evolution line is interesting because they can possess the ability Purifying Salt," Luke explains.

Intrigued, I inquire, "What does that mean?"

Lucine elaborates, "The Pokémon's pure salt serves as a protective shield against status conditions and reduces the damage taken from Ghost-type moves by half. It's believed that salt, in some theories, has the power to ward off ghosts."

As we continue our journey, we stumble upon two small Fire-type Pokémon engaged in a heated battle.

Serena curiously asks, "What are those Pokémon?"

Observing their fiery moves, I consult the Pokédex and reply, "They're Charcadet, Fire-types, and it appears they have two evolutions."

Serena suggests, "Since they have two evolutions, why don't we try to capture them?"

I enthusiastically agree, and we simultaneously throw our Poké Balls, successfully capturing both Charcadet in the end.

Charcadet: The Fire Child Pokemon: Fire Type. Burnt charcoal came to life and became a Pokémon. Possessing a fiery fighting spirit, Charcadet will battle even tough opponents.

Golly remarks, "Indeed, both of Charcadet's evolutions offer intriguing possibilities. One can become a Psychic Type, while the other becomes a Ghost Type like this one."

I'm taken aback as Golly, the Ghost Type specialist, unexpectedly throws a Poké Ball, summoning a dark blue warrior-like Pokémon with sword-like hands. She introduces, "Meet Ceruledge, one of my trusted partners from the Paldea Region."

Serena expresses her admiration, saying, "Ceruledge looks incredibly cool."

As we continue our journey, we receive a call from Arven. I pick up and inquire, "What's the matter, Arven?"

Arven responds, "Ash and Serena, I assume your other friends are with you too, right? So, from what I can gather, the Stony Cliff Titan likes to lurk somewhere in this rocky area. I had a look around, but I couldn't find any trace of it! Maybe it's way up high on a cliff or something?"

Serena chimes in, "Are you suggesting it might be hanging off a cliff?"

Arven dismisses the idea, saying, "...Nah, that's impossible! I don't think it'd be hiding somewhere that tricky, so don't go falling off any cliffs or anything trying to search it out somewhere too strange."

I assure him, "Don't worry, Arven, we'll be cautious. Thanks for the tip." With that, I end the call, and we decide to continue our exploration.

Luke examines the Rotom Phone and reads aloud, "So here's what it says:

Witnesses claim they've seen a giant stone moving on its own in Area Three of the South Province. And the stone has big swiveling eyestalks?! Perhaps it's a Titan camouflaging itself to catch prey."