Chapter 76

As we explore the area, Minami and Lillie suddenly come into view. They are engrossed in observing a group of Deerlings nearby. I can't help but be surprised. "Minami? Lillie? What are you doing here?"

Lillie responds with a friendly smile, "Hey, guys. We're here for some Pokémon research."

Minami chimes in, her eyes filled with excitement, "She's absolutely right. Since we can technically participate in distant learning from our respective schools, we decided to conduct some research right here at the Terrarium for the Aether Foundation. I heard that you are here as exchange students. Congratulations."

"Thanks, guys," Serena says with a grateful nod. "So, how is your research progressing?"

Lillie gestures towards the surroundings, her voice filled with enthusiasm, "As you can see, the four biomes here represent the four seasons. In this Savannah Biome, it's currently the Spring season, which is why you can find Spring-form Deerlings here."

Drandon eagerly adds, "That's fascinating. We're actually about to head to the Coastal Biome for class. Would you like to join us?"

Minami smiles warmly, "Sure, even though we technically aren't students here, the teachers and students from this school have been incredibly welcoming and friendly."

As we continue moving through the area, I can't help but comment, "You know... this place looks just like the Kanto Safari Zone... I still can't believe that was closed."

Serena nods in agreement, her expression thoughtful. "I know what you mean. They have Doduo, Dodrio, Venonat, Venomoth, Scyther, Scizor, Chansey, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Tauros. The only ones I think are missing are the Nido-family, Kangaskhan, and Pinsir."

Our journey leads us to the Coastal Biome, where we are taken aback by the sight of some Alolan Forms. Lucine gasps in surprise, "Alolan Exeggutors are here as well?"

Lillie nods, her knowledge on display. "Yeah, it seems there are many Alolan Forms. Although the exceptions are Raticate, Raichu, Persian, and Marowak."

Alice chuckles, impressed by Lillie's research. "You've certainly done your homework."

When we finally arrive at the outdoor classroom, we are met by Lacey, who asks in a hushed tone, "Oh, guys! Did you have any trouble finding the place?"

I whisper back, mindful of the ongoing class, "whisper It's fine..."

"whisper whisper I'm so glad to hear it!" Lacey responds with a relieved smile.

The teacher announces, "Alola, everybody! Shall we get started? Looks like we have some new faces joining us today! I'm sure you're all enjoying the tropical climate we've recreated here at the Coastal Biome. But remember - it's primarily for the many Pokémon adapted to this weather! One such species has grown exceptionally large here compared to other regions, thanks to all the light exposure. Certain Pokémon species can have completely different appearances depending on the region! We refer to this variation as a regional form."

He proceeds to give us our assignment, "And that brings us to today's task. I'd like each of you to catch one of these Pokémon - specifically, an Alolan Form Pokémon! Once you have one, come back and find me."

Lacey adds, "Many of our classes here at Blueberry Academy are practical ones like this. So, off you go! Don't overthink it, and just do your best for this first class."

I sweatdrop slightly as I mutter, "Actually, we already have a collection of 600 Pokémon with us. I don't think there's a need for us to capture any more..."

With that, I gently scoop up Snowy and make my way toward the teacher. His surprise is evident as he catches sight of me holding the Alolan Ninetales. Meanwhile, Serena, Drandon, and Lucine proudly release their own Alolan Forms. Serena summons Alolan Muk, provided by Lillie, while the Wataru siblings proudly display their Alolan Exeggutor.