Chapter 69

After searching for a while, we stumble upon a massive cave that leads deeper underground.

"So Koraidon's an ancient Pokémon, while Miraidon's a future Pokémon... No wonder no one's seen them before!" Nemona exclaims with excitement. "Ash, Serena! You've gotta let me battle both of them right now!"

"Um. They still won't come out of their Poké Balls," I mention, sensing the scared emotions coming from both Koraidon and Miraidon.

"Oh, right," Nemona mutters, her enthusiasm dampened.

"That was the first I heard of them coming from the past and future myself..." Arven admits quietly. "They were just some weird Pokémon my parents brought home all of a sudden one day. We all lived together at the lighthouse lab for a little while. My parents made me promise to keep them a secret. And I had to take care of them for them..."

"So that's why you knew so much about them!" Serena exclaims, connecting the dots.

"Yeah, but then one day, Koraidon and Miraidon just went nuts against some wild Pokémon... A few of the folks living nearby ended up seeing them, so the secret was out. Once that happened, my parents took them—and went back to Area Zero," Arven continues to share his past.

"Guess that makes sense if they're Pokémon from a different age," Penny remarks, understanding the need for secrecy.

"Yeah. If people found out, it'd be all over the news," Arven agrees. "I didn't see my parents or Koraidon and Miraidon again after that. For ages. Looking back on it now, it seems stupid, but... I felt like I'd lost my parents 'cause of Koraidon and Miraidon. It was the worst feeling ever. I just hated Koraidon and Miraidon and everything about them. Didn't want to even talk about them. I'm sorry for not telling you what I knew sooner, Ash and Serena..."

"It's fine. We don't blame you," I reassure him.

"But you should be sorry!" Nemona chides him. "Shoot - that's, like, the coolest thing ever, and you didn't tell any of us!"

"Yup. Sure would've been great to know all that relevant info before we got here," Penny adds.

"D-dang, you guys... Harsh..." Arven mutters, somewhat dejected by their responses.

As we enter the cave, we are greeted by the breathtaking sight of numerous massive crystals that illuminate the area with their radiant beauty.

"Oh my gosh, look at all these huge, gorgeous crystals! They go all the way to the bottom!" Nemona exclaims in awe.

"One slip and we can kiss our short lives goodbye..." Elena remarks, sounding a note of caution.

"Oh, good call! Watch your step!" My mom reminds everyone. "We don't want accidental deaths after all."

"So the professors are down there somewhere... waiting for us. And that's... fine. Totally fine," Arven says, his voice carrying a hint of determination. "All right, team! Watch yourselves and let's get to the bottom of this thing!"

"This place looks unreal. Maybe there really is treasure down here like the stories say!" Nemona muses.

"Yeah... This place's like something from a whole other world. Makes you feel like maybe you already died and went somewhere..." Arven adds, his words filled with a sense of wonder.

"Is it just me, or do the crystals here give off the same glow as when Pokémon Terastallize?" Penny observes. "There's gotta be some sort of connection..."

"Only one way to find out. Come on, everybody. Let's keep moving... We've got to go all the way down," my Dad declares, determined to unravel the mysteries of this remarkable place.