Chapter 54

Before heading to the gym, we return to our Dark Manor because my parents have some news regarding the Great Tusk and Iron Treads that we sent them. My Dad begins, "Both of them are similar to Donphan, but they have slight differences. I have to assume that something must have happened in Area Zero that caused these changes."

My mom adds, "However, Area Zero is a prohibited place unless we get permission from Geeta. Dia has finished the paperwork for the procedure, and I can assume that sooner or later, we will be able to go to Area Zero to see what's going on."

Serena questions, "Why is Dia going there? Do you think those two Donphan-like Pokémon are related to time?"

"They are listed as Paradox Pokémon, so I have to assume that it's Dia's field," I respond.

"And I assume you have to keep an eye on these occurrences," my mom says before showing us two pages, causing our eyes to widen in surprise.

Great Tusk: A Living Relic of the Dinosaur Era?!

In one arid corner of Paldea, there have been reports of a mysterious life form. It's said to resemble a Donphan at first glance, albeit one with gigantic tusks, tough scales, and an aggressive disposition.

Leading theories hold that this being is nothing less than a living relic of the dinosaur era, but no one can say for sure. Apparently, it's called Great Tusk after the name of a strange being that was written about in the mysterious Scarvio Book.

Iron Treads: An Alien Weapon?!

In one arid corner of Paldea, there have been reports of a mysterious life form. It's said to resemble a Donphan at first glance, albeit one that can abruptly assume a spherical shape and launch into a swift rolling attack.

Rumors say this being is some kind of weapon using technology not of this world, but no one can say for sure. Apparently, it's called Iron Treads after the name of a strange being that was written about in the mysterious Scarvio Book.

Serena gasps, "A living relic from the dinosaur era? That's incredible!"

I nod in agreement, still trying to process the information. "And an alien weapon? That's... mind-boggling. I mean, we've seen some pretty unusual Pokémon on our journey, but this takes it to a whole new level."

My Dad says, "And there is also something that might interest you as well." To our confusion, he presents a small treasure chest. "A treasure chest?" Alice inquires.

To our astonishment, the chest opens and reveals a small blue-gray, metallic, bipedal Pokémon. Insey asks, "Dad? What is that?"

"That's a Pokémon known as Gimmighoul. It's a Ghost Type Pokémon." The mention of Ghost Type piques Golly's interest. "A Ghost Type?"

"They are commonly found in the Paldea Region's towers and ruins. For now, it can only use Tackle and Astonish, but if you evolve it, that's another story," my mom explains. "Ash, I need you to take care of this Gimmighoul."

Initially puzzled, we eventually nod and capture the Pokémon.

Gimmighoul (Chest Form): The Coin Chest Pokémon: Ghost Type. This Pokémon was born inside a treasure chest about 1,500 years ago. It sucks the life-force out of scoundrels who try to steal the treasure.

Gimmighoul (Roaming Form): The Coin Hunter Pokemon: Ghost Type. This Pokémon was born from passion that seeped into a coin. It wanders, apparently seeking to return to the treasure chest it once inhabited.