Chapter 12

As we leave South Province Area 3 and continue our journey south to South Province Area 5, we decide to engage in some training to further strengthen our Pokémon before facing the challenges of the second gym in Artazon.

During our training, something remarkable happens—our two Lechonks evolve into Oinkologne. To our surprise, not only do they look different, but they also emit distinct aromas. The male Oinkologne has a lingering aroma, while the female Oinkologne has a sweet aroma.

Oinkologne (Male): The Hog Pokemon: Normal Type. Evolve from Lechonk at LV:18. Oinkologne is proud of its fine, glossy skin. It emits a concentrated scent from the tip of its tail.

Oinkologne (Female): The Hog Pokemon: Normal Type. Evolve from Lechonk at LV:18. This Pokémon sends a flowerlike scent wafting about. Well-developed muscles in its legs allow it to leap more than 16 feet with no trouble at all.

Our next evolution involves Pawmi, which transforms into Pawmo. To our surprise, we discover that Pawmo possesses a dual typing of Electric and Fighting. It can even utilize the move Arm Thrust, further expanding its capabilities in battles.

Pawmo: The Mouse Pokemon: Electric and Fighting Type. Evolve from Pawmi at LV:18. Pawmo uses a unique fighting technique in which it uses its forepaws to strike foes and zap them with electricity from its paw pads simultaneously.

Luke shares an intriguing method for evolving Pawmo into its final form. He explains, "You know, you can actually get the final evolution without any problem."

Serena, curious, asks, "How?"

Luke continues, "It's simple, you'll just need to walk 1000 steps with Pawmo. If we use the school's court, that is 4 laps."

I inquire, "Are you sure this is the way to evolve Pawmo into Pawmot?"

Drandon adds, "This is what we call the Let's Go feature. Some Pokémon, like Pawmo, evolve by walking with them for 1000 steps and leveling up."

Golly comments, "But that does seem tiring."

Lucine agrees, saying, "It really is. But sometimes, when we're out capturing Pokémon, we don't even realize we've already walked 1000 steps."

After walking approximately 1000 steps, we decide to reward our Pokémon with candies. Pawmo receives a Rare Candy, leading to its evolution into Pawmot.

Pawmot: The Hands-On Pokemon: Electric and Fighting Type. Evolve from Pawmo when leveled up while outside of its Poké Ball after walking 1000 steps using the Let's Go feature. This Pokémon normally is slow to react, but once it enters battle, it will strike down its enemies with lightning-fast movements.

"Great, now it's a Pawmot," I remark. Curious, I check the Pokédex and make an intriguing discovery. "No way!"

Serena quickly approaches me, inquiring, "What is it?"

"Pawmot has a move with only 1 PP: Revival Blessing. The user bestows a loving blessing, reviving a party Pokémon that has fainted and restoring half that Pokémon's max HP!"

Serena gasps in delight, realizing the potential, "That means when you use it in a Gym battle, you can revive a fainted Pokémon and use it again!" She excitedly lifts Pawmot into the air and praises it, "Nice! Pawmot!"

Pawmot, somewhat startled by the height, inadvertently unleashes a Thunderbolt, shocking all of us in the process. It's a surprising turn of events, adding an unexpected jolt of electricity to our day.

As we make a stop at the Pokémon Center near the South Paldean Sea, we notice some yellow bird Pokémon resting on the sandy shore. Inspired by their presence, I decide to have Pikachu engage in a battle with the bird Pokémon. The way they interact and behave reminds me of my Swellow, and I can't help but feel that these two Pokémon could become great friends in the future.