Chapter 45

Now, the six of us have gathered at Zappapico, fully prepared to embark on a challenging journey up the towering Glaseado Mountain, the largest mountain in the Paldea Region. Our destination: the Ghost-type Gym located at Montenevera. Golly reflects, "To think the Ghost Gym is so close to the Ice Gym, and both of them are on the same mountain."

"Yeah," Drandon agrees as we read the information about the gym leader in the Rotom Phone:

'This Ghost-type user is among the very greatest. She is a legendary rapper who has performed around the world, and her thrilling live shows rattle the bones with devilish beats and Double Battles.'

"So, we have a Doubles leader... reminds me of Raihan back in Galar," I remark, pondering the similarities between the two Gym Leaders.

"But Ryme... didn't Professor Tyme mention her sister being a gym leader? I guess this is her," Serena notes, connecting the dots about the gym leader's identity.

With that cleared up, we set out to climb the imposing Glaseado Mountain. On our way, to the Dalizapa Passage, we come across a small candle sitting on the ground, piquing our curiosity. As we approach, a puppy with the candle on its head playfully leaps towards us, giving me an affectionate lick.

"What was that Pokémon? It's so cute!" Serena exclaims.

Golly, however, offers a cautionary note, "That's Greavard. It might be cute, but it's also quite deadly. By playing with it, it can suck your life force..." She adds, "Notice how the candle on its head is similar to Litwick?"

"Yeah, but I also heard that a dog Pokémon that died in the wild without ever interacting with a human was reborn as this Pokémon. Maybe I should capture it," I suggest, deciding to take my chances. I throw a Poké Ball at the dog, successfully capturing it. With Greavard now part of our team, we continue our ascent up Glaseado Mountain.

Greavard: The Ghost Dog Pokémon: Ghost Type. It is said that a dog Pokémon that died in the wild without ever interacting with a human was reborn as this Pokémon.

During our hike up Glaseado Mountain, we take the opportunity to train our Pokémon, and some of them reach their final evolutionary forms. The first transformation occurs with our Naclstack, which evolves into a massive salt monster known as Garganacl.

Garganacl: The Rock Salt Pokemon: Evolve from Nacli at LV:38. Garganacl will rub its fingertips together and sprinkle injured Pokémon with salt. Even severe wounds will promptly heal afterward.

As we continue our climb up Glaseado Mountain, our Tinkatuff undergoes a transformation, evolving into a pink, humanoid monster wielding a colossal hammer, aptly named Tinkaton.

Tinkaton: The Hammer Pokemon: Fairy and Steel Type. Evolve from Tinkatuff at LV:38. The hammer tops 220 pounds, yet it gets swung around easily by Tinkaton as it steals whatever it pleases and carries its plunder back home.

"And look at that... Tinkaton can learn a move called Gigaton Hammer! It has 160 base power! That's the same power as Eternatus' Eternabeam!" Serena exclaims, clearly impressed by the move's potency.

"But the only problem is that they can't be used twice," I caution. "And I just hope that it doesn't swing that hammer to cause any unintended trouble..."

As we continue our training on Glaseado Mountain, our Finizen suddenly starts to evolve. However, to our astonishment, nothing appears to be happening after the evolution is supposedly complete.

"Is this normal?" Lucine asks, looking puzzled.

"I don't know... maybe I should ask the Pokédex," I suggest as I consult the Rotom Phone for information.