Chapter 120 - Roaming in Romania

A few days after moving in with Eric, I decide I need to move somewhere else.  I tried to go get tea, but quickly retreated when I saw Fred and his fiancé there.  I can't live this close to the twins' shop.  I don't want to have to deal with the constant anxiety of running into them.  Eric is sad when I tell him I need to leave, but he thankfully understands.

I'm not sure where I'm going to go.  Part of me wants to run away, flee the country.  Give myself and Teddy some time to get to know each other and adjust.

June second, and I am walking to Gringotts to get some muggle cash.  The frozen milk Andromeda gave me was almost out, and I needed to get some of that breastmilk substitute.  I think they call it formula.  I wonder why they don't just call it baby milk or something.  

I head into the bank, Teddy strapped to my body in the little harness I bought him.  I prefer this to the seat.  He also cries less like this.  His hair is still that shocking blue, but he changed his eyes to match mine.

I get at the end of the line, waiting for my turn.  After I get my cash, I turn to leave when I hear familiar voices floating up from the back.  I watch as two red heads enter the room from a back hallway, laughing and chatting.  

I am about to turn and leave, when one of them spots me.

"Hazel!"  Charlie shouts, waving to me.  He grins like an idiot as he jogs over, Bill a few paces behind.

"Hello Charlie.  Hi Bill."  I greet the two a bit awkwardly, not knowing how they feel about me.  But then Charlie reaches to give me a hug.  Of course he stops when he sees the tiny person strapped to me.

"Who is this little one?"  He coos, immediately distracted by the baby.

"This is Teddy Lupin."  I introduce him, watching as Charlie takes one of Teddy's tiny hands in his own and giving it a little handshake.

"Nice to meet you mini Lupin."  He smiles, but then gasps.  I chuckle too when I see why.  Teddy's hair went from blue to Weasley red.

"He must like you."  I laugh.

"I am honored!"  Charlie beams.  "Are you watching him for Andromeda?"

"Um.  No, actually."  I blush.  "I'm his legal guardian."

"No!"  He exclaims.  "You get to be around him all the time?"

"Yep."  I enjoy his enthusiasm.

"I'm so jealous."  Charlie gushes, starting to play peek-a-boo.

"Well, it's not always easy being a homeless, single mom that no one wants to rent to because they think you're a death eater."  I half joke, my heart sinking a bit.

"But you were cleared!  Ginny told us everything."  Charlie frowns, standing up fully.

"Well, that doesn't mean everyone cares."  I shrug.  "Besides, I might just move to the muggle side of London anyway."

"Or you could come live with me!"  Charlie offers excitedly.

"What?"  I gape.

"What?"  Bill parrots, speaking for the first time.

"Yeah!  You could come to Romania!  And then I'd get to see Teddy all the time!  And you could live in my house.  There's two extra room!  One for you, one for Teddy!"  He rambles, face completely lit up with excitement.

"Charlie, that's a lot to offer.  You should think about this."  I reason, worried he doesn't mean it.

"I know, but please!  If you decide you don't want to, you can move out at any time.  But Teddy likes me!  Don't you want him to be happy?"  Charlie gives me puppy eyes, and gives the tuff of red hair a kiss.