Chapter 117 - Most Ill Indeed

Harry, Ron, and Hermione must hear them as well and they take off in that direction. I sprint after them, my heart racing faster than I think it ever has. Fred, and another red haired man, which I think is the estranged older brother Percy, are battling a pair of death eaters.

The trio joins in the fight, but something holds me in place. Not fear. A sense of certainty. I let my gift guide me in the moment it's been waiting for the longest.

One of the hoods slip, and Percy calls him out as the minister, announcing his resignation. As Fred laughs at his brother's joke, and both brothers manage to apprehend their death eaters. But then I hear footsteps. Just as Fred is laughing, poking fun at his brother, my eyes meet a familiar pair of brown ones.

Anthony's brow scrunches in surprise when he sees me, his wand clutched in his hand. But then he sees the panic in my eyes, and glances at Fred. The werewolf's eyes harden when he puts it together, jealously etched into his handsome features.

And then everything freezes.

In an instant, I see my choice.

If I do nothing.

Anthony sneers, flicking his wand.

"Bombarda!" And the world explodes. Everyone is sent flying as the wall burst apart. And Fred's body lays still, eyes open but empty.

"No! No! NO!" Percy notices Fred and shakes him, frantically trying to get him to awaken. "No, Fred. No!"

And then hundreds of other versions flicker through my mind. Versions where I cast stunning and disarming spells, and every one ends the same way. A tear escapes the corner of my eye as I realize what I have to do.

I snap back to the present, and raise my own wand.

"Avada Kadavra!" I cry, my heart aching in my chest as the green light shoots from my wand, hitting Anthony straight in the chest. I watch as he slumps to the ground, dead by my hand.

"Hazel?" Fred turns and sees me behind them, wand still pointed where Anthony just stood. I push him aside as I run to Anthony's side, sobbing as I hold his body in my arms.

"I'm so sorry." I tell him, hoping that he can hear me. "I forgive you for the bite. I promise."

I bury my face into his chest as I sob, not only for him, but also for myself. I am a killer now. I killed my own boyfriend.

I hear footsteps as everyone around me flees the scene, and I remember that my work isn't done either. I plant a small kiss on Anthony's forehead as a final goodbye, and leave him there.

I stumble through the halls, feeling like I'm going to throw up. But I have someone else to save.

However, I don't get very far before I'm intercepted.

A shiver runs through me as I come face to face with Greyback.

"Hello, little pet." He grins at me, showing my his rows of pointed teeth.

"Hello." I am not sure if he knows of my true allegiance yet. If he doesn't know, I do not want to tell him.

"You reek of muggles and blood traitors." He snarls, answering my question.

"Well you reek of nasty old man." I retort, once again, summoning my untamed wolf rage.

"Oh!" He smiles darkly as he smells the change in me. "Seems like little pet has a wolf of her own. This will be fun."

"Stupefy!" I cast, quickly, nearly hitting him. His reflexes are like none I've ever seen before.

"Such a waste of a pretty wolf." He grins, not drawing his own, option for brute strength instead. "But I'm sure you'll still taste delicious."