Day Seven - House.

Layla House huffed as she stropped through the reception area. She wasn't acknowledged as she made her way to the elevator and pressed the button to go up. The doors opened and she stepped in pressing another button for the floor she wanted and it took her there. Then she headed straight to her fathers office.

"Are you out of your mind?" she exclaimed, while her father was talking with Cameron, Forman and Chase.

"Hello to you too sweetie." her father replied sarcastically.

"You called up the Dean of my school and told her that you were in a bike accident. She had a panic attack at the thought of delivering the bad news." Layla rested a hand on her hip.

"How could you know that I wasn't in a accident?" House questioned his daughter.

"Because you've managed to piss off most EMT's within a five mile radius. Not to mention alienated nearly every person in this building. I would know much faster that the Dean if you so much as sneezed the wrong way." Layla retorts

"Fair Enough. But you said that you were totally gutted that you couldn't make it to me this Christmas. So I gave you a reason to come home."

"Awh, look at that. You do have human emotions." she chimed condescendingly. Then she turned her attention to the others "Hello again." she gave them a genuine smile in greeting.

"Hey.|" they replied. "Layla turned her attention back to her Dad.

"Well you won. No one expects to see me till after the holidays. So I am off to the over your flat so you question your choices." she grinned "Bye all." she turned on her heel and walked out.

"Are you sure she's your daughter?" Chase asked what everyone was thinking.

__________________

Chase, Cameron and Foreman had finished with their latest patient. All of them separated from House and went in different directions. Chase decided to go for a drink. He sat himself down at the bar and ordered.

"Hey Babe." he turned and then felt a pair of lips on his, then came away. "Please play along, the guy at the end of the bar has been trying with me for a hour." Chase heard a whisper, then the figure pulled away to reveal Layla. Chase raised an eyebrow."

"Sorry, sweetheart. Work ran late." H played along and she sat herself next to him

"Thank you." she smiled breathing a sigh of relief "That guy would not take no for an answer." Chase glanced back to see the man at the end of the bar intensely staring at her.

"Lucky I walked in then." he turned back to her

"Very. I'd hate to be like my father in that way. being sent to jail for something that wasn't my fault is not on my bucket list." she laughed whited cause him to smile. "Another beer please." she ordered

"So tell me more about yourself." A couple of beers were brought over to them as the two began to talk.

____________________

Layla and Chose felt a connection to each other that night. yet it didn't go anywhere. after that Christmas both went back to being acquaintances because of House. Chase went on to have a fling with Cameron which then turned into a relationship, marriage and then divorce.

Layla finished school and then went on gap year before taking up a teaching position. Where she had a fling with a colleague and ended up having a son called Tyler. Then a broken engagement before leaving to to train and become a EMT.

5 years after their time in the bar, Layla and Chase's paths crossed again.

"G-pa!" three year old Tyler ran into House's office followed by his mother.