Day Twenty - Smallville

Eva Evermore had a crush. Period. Full stop.

She had a crush on her childhood best friend Clark Kent and all she wanted for Christmas was him, ever since she was five years old. However there were a few problems. Problem number one: She was not the only one who had a die hard crush. Her other friend Chloe had formed a crush on him as well, both had a mutual respect that both had feelings for the farm boy. Problem Number two: Lana Lang. While Eva and Chloe were crushing on him he was crushing on the girl next door and had been for years. Finally Problem Number 3: Eva was scared to lose Clark, she would rather suffer in silence than lose him as a friend.

Smallville was having a Winter semi-formal Dance and as usual Eva secretly hoped that Clark would ask her to go. Just a spark of hope or something. Pete and Chloe were walking through the halls when they saw a upset Eva run past them.

"Oh no, not again." Chloe groaned seeing the recent boy that Eva had attempted to date. She the took off running after her friend.

"I don't get it." Clark voiced "Why does Eva keep dating these boys? Every boyfriend she's had in the past three years always dumps her. Which makes no sense because she's amazing and deserves better." Clark and Pete turned to follow their friend. Knowing that they would be in the girls bathroom the slowly made their way back to wait outside.

"You know Clark, after all this time it still amazes me that you still never see the blindingly obvious." Pete retorted shaking his head.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Eva, she has been crushing on you for years. Longer than Chloe, longer than you've had a crush on Lana." Pete scoffed

"Not her as well." Clark winced "The last time I had a friend had a crush it didn't work out well. Wait is that why Eva and Chloe didn't talk for months?"

"Yeah, the both knew that each other had a crush. Chloe broke girl code and Eva was pissed." Pete explained "But Eva won't do anything because she's terrified of loosing you." Chloe came out of the girls bathroom sighing.

"Justin dumped her for one of the cheer team, now he's taking some bimbo to the dance." She told them "I told her. I told her he was bad news. She never listens." Chloe shook her head

"Is she okay though?" Clark questioned

"Oh she threw her phone into the mirror, so no." Chloe answered "But she'll be out soon and I'm talking her home so she can have a raging fit there."

-----------------

Clark turned up at Eva's house the next day and knocked on the door. It was a minute before she answered in a more calm and less distraught manor than the day before.

"Clark." she smiled seeing it was him

""Eva, I just wanted to check that you were okay after yesterday. You were pretty upset." he told her concerned

"I'm fine, come on in." She stood to one side and let him in. Clark entered and the headed into the kitchen. "I took the night to sleep on it and decide I was better off." She shrugged pouring them out some orange juice for the two of them and handing one over to Clark who took it.

"You are resilient"

"You have to be growing up in Smallville. Besides I still have hope..." She looked at him longingly.

"Hope for what?" Clark questions

"The one." She answered "Just got to kiss some frogs till I find my Prince." there was a long gaze between the two until she broke it.

"Besides it's high school. Everything shitty happens in high school so you're prepared for the real world. That and It will make a great story to my future daughter one day. Girl power." she went to the fridge and pulled out a slice of pizza.