Day Eight - Doctor Who

Lena stared out of her window holding her daughter, Victoria on her hip. It was Christmas and her Dad had promised to come. Santiago was in the kitchen stressing over Christmas dinner. Victoria began fussing, so Lena moved to her computer.

"I know. I know but your GG is very temperamental. But we will check the world radar and wave lengths make sure there is nothing that he could be getting up to." she clicked through the information and listened to the radio "No. Nothing." Just then, Santiago came in.

"Don't worry he'll be here." Santiago tried to reassure his wife. "He always turns up eventually."

"I don't want eventually. H promised that he would come and visit their granddaughter every christmas. He's not allowed to be late for me or for her." Just then they heard a familiar whooshing noise, coming from the back garden. Lena's face lit up and she rushed out.

"Look, baby. GG's here." Victoria looked baffled to the materialising Tardis till she appeared fully. Then out popped the head of 12.

"Ah. Got it right then. Was a bit questionable for a moment there." he came out "bUT SHE WAS VERY ANNOYED THAT i was making us late. I told her we would be fine though."

"You're late." Lena scowled

"Really late or a little late? The Doctor wondered, but it was met with a deeper scowl from his daughter "Doesn't matter, I'm late. But i did bring presents."

"i think the words you are looking for are I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." The Doctor apologised and Lena hummed.

"Here, say hello to your granddaughter. and come inside." Lena handed over Victoria to the Doctor who awkwardly held her out as the little girl stared.

"I'm not really a baby person."

"Yes you are. She's your granddaughter. She's not going to bite." Lena called back. The Doctor and Victoria stared at one another giving each other the stink eye before she gurgled.

"Hey, that's not nice and i said sorry." Victoria gurgled again "Definatly your mothers daughter, come on." the two fo them headed inside.

____________________

Victoria was now aged six and was waiting for one of her parents to come and pick her up from school. She had a bag pack and christmas packs in hand , when she heard the Tardis and felt its presence."

"GG's coming!" she chimed with a broad smile

"What's that, Victoria?" Her teacher wondered

"My GG's coming. Well one of them." she put her things down and dug into her bag pack picking out a small photo album. Am I late? Please don't tell me I'm late." 11 came blundering around the corner "That daughter of mine is not a woman I ever want to cross. In all honesty, she kind of scares me."

"GG!" Victoria cheers running over to him

"Victoria!" her teacher called but she couldn't stop the young girl as she ran over

"Madame Pretty!" 11 lifted her up into his arms ""You've grown you were three years old a couple of days ago."

"Excuse me, who are you?" Victoria gasped and hurriedly whispered something into her GG's ear.

"Ah, your mother thinks fo everything, always my favourite." Victoria pulls away "Yes, the name is jonathan Smith. Uncle. I'm in that book Madame pretty gave you, I'm GG number eleven and the secret word is fish fingers and custard. Mummy and Daddy had a unfortunate run in with a Graske so they sent me instead."

"We can't just let Victoria go. Mrs Jones didn't call."

"Well she can't because she's in a bit of a bind. But just look at the front" the teacher read the note and then flicked through to eleven's picture.

"This is highly unusual."

"Mummy said GG was on the list at the front office."

"I will give them a call. Come on in." they headed inside and a call was made before the final approval

"Now how about a Christmas adventure before we go home?"

"Yay!"

__________________--

Victoria was chatting animatedly with her friends. It was the last week before Christmas break, and all was normal and to Victoria that was never a good sign. There was a moment where the hairs on the back of Victoria's neck stood up. She stopped talking and looked around, anything that could be a sign of abnormal.

"What's the matter Victoria?" one of her friends asked

"Nothing." she replied, distracted. "I gotta go." she stood up feeling more intone with the problem and grabbed her stuff. She the took out her phone as she was leaving her friends.

"Hi THIS IS lENA jONES i can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message."

"Mum it's happening again. Call me back." she stated and then hung up to try and get through to her dad but the same thing happened. "ugh stupid voicemail." she went to the school bike shed and got out hers, then rode out of school grounds. She rode back home and rushed to get inside.

"Mum! Dad!" she called running through the house checking every room. "Something's wrong. Somethings very wrong." she muttered to herself seeing that no one was there. She took out her phone once more and scrolled through the contacts till she reached the Tardis. then she hit dial. It rang out and she waited praying that the call would go through.

"hello."

"GG." she replied breathing a sigh of relief.

"Victoria?" she quickly identified which GG she was talking to. It was twelve, the scottish one with grey hair.

"Yeah. I need your help. I can't find Mum or Dad. And i have this really bad feeling that they're in trouble and i'm starting to freak out." Victoria told him pacing back and forth.

"First of all panicking will get you no where. Second of all they're probably making a new baby brother or sister for you somewhere."

"Ew, gross. No. besides I know when somethings wrong and something is wrong right now. Please GG you have to help me."

"OK,OK. i will find them and bring them home. Stay put, I mean it." he hung up. Victoria paced paced back and forth glaring at the clock and the time. 3pm, her little brother Joseph will have to be picked up soon. She needed everything to be okay. Just then she heard the TARDIS materialising in the back garden. She ran out and watched her fully appear. Victoria ran inside and finally saw her warn out parents.

"Mum! dAD!" SHE BREATHED INA SIGH OF RELIEFT AND RAN TO HUG THEM.

"See, told you it was no big deal, they were just dealing with some Slitheen."

"The Doctor shrugged off. But he caught the eye of his granddaughter who mimed a thank you to him. He gave a small smile and nod to her. She pulled away to look at both of her parents.

"do you want me to go and pick Joseph up?" Victoria offered

"you would be a life saver. lena gave a tired smile to her daughter. "Dad will you take her?" lena looked back to her father.

"What am i a taxi service?" he grumbled

"Yes." Lena and Victoria chimed. The doctor rolled his eyes but complied with the request. Lena and Santiago left the TARDIS with some thank you's and see you laters. Then the Doctor and his granddaughter went to pick up his grandson from school.