Day Fourteen - Criminal Minds

Holly Hotchner was decorating some Christmas cookies with her brother Jack. The door opened and Aaron stepped through the door. He dropped his bag and keys to one side.

"Hey Dad." the two chimed as Jess came out of the bathroom.

"Hey Aaron." Jess smiled

"Hi what are you guys making?" he wondered going over to them.

"We made cookies!" Jack chimed and he looked up to his older sister. Holly bumped hips with him.

"Yeah, Jack and I had a craving. These are fresh out of the oven." Holly grinned gesturing to the most fresh.

"Help us decorate!" Jack giggled

"Okay, wow this is a lot of icing." Hotch commented

"We're making these ones look like the team. I did Penny and this one's Reid." Holy showed off hers

"This one's you, Daddy." Jack pointed to the one he was doing.

"I love it, great guys." Hotch complimented. Holly, Jack and Aaron continued decorating cookies and then sent them to clean up for bed as he did the dishes. The next morning he brought in the Christmas treats for the team, who then got another case. After a few days Hotch arrived home back in the middle of the night. Holly was still awake and watching a movie with her chin resting on her knees, while Jack and Jess were asleep.

"Sweetie, what are you doing still up?" Hotch wondered

"I had a nightmare about Mom." her voice trembled. Aaron looked at her sadly.

"Come here, sweetheart." she got up and ran into his embrace. Hotch hugged her tightly "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I heard the gun shots again." she mumbled. Hotch sighed closing his eyes. "And then a thud to the floor."

"You're safe. I promise."

"I know but she's still gone. And I still miss her." She cried into her fathers arms.

"I know sweetheart. I do too." he admitted "Come on lets get you to bed." He lead her down then hall and to her room. She got into be and he pulled the covers up.

"How about we light a candle for Mom?" Holly nodded . Hotch got the candle from his daughters desk, lit it up and brought it over. Holly held on to her cross.

Our father, who art in heaven

Hallowed be thy name

thy kingdom come

thy will be done

On earth as it is in heaven

Give us this day our daily bread

and forgive us our trespasses

As we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from evil

For thine is the kingdom

and the power, and the glory

for ever and ever

Amen.

"Merry Christmas Mom." Holly blew out the candle "Night Dad."

"Night, sweetheart." he kissed her head and switched off the light. Heading to take Jack to bed.

__________________________________________

Hotch watched as Holly guided Jack around a few of the stalls at the Christmas market. The two were chatting animatedly. He smiled because for a split second Holly looked exactly like her mother. Joining them, the three bought toys, trinkets and presents. They had hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows. For one happy moment Hotch was just Dad.

"Dad lets take a picture." Holly cheered as se handed her phone, after asking of course to one of the store owners. They took the picture and was thanked by Holly.

________________________________________

Christmas Day came around. Jack was up first. He ran into his sisters bedroom and shook her awake.

"Holly, Holly wake up! Its Christmas" he shouted causing her to groan and try to swat him away. "Come on sis, I made you something."

"Go away, child." Holly grumbled. Jack sighed and went to wake his Dad. Holly let out a sigh and hauled it out of bed "Jack I'm gonna kick your butt. What time is it?" she made her way into the kitchen and looked at the clock.

"6 am? Jack Hotchner, you are so dead!" she yelled

"Holly, do you have to threaten your brother?" Hotch wondered

"Have a look at the time and hazard a guess." she sassed rubbing her eyes and then going to make a hot chocolate.

"Presents, presents, presents!" Jack chanted jumping up and down in excitement.

"Breakfast first then presents. How do you guys feel about pancakes?" Hotch asked Jack cheered and holly hummed. Hotch made breakfast for the three of them. Then they opened their presents. "Holly this is for you." Aaron handed over a small wrapped box. She opened it up and became teary eyed.

"Mom's necklace." she staggered out a breath.

"Yeah, I thought she would have wanted you to have it. That and I think it suits you. Here." he offered his hand. Holly handed it over and Aaron fixed it around her neck. "Beautiful."

"Thank you Dad." Holly hugged her Dad which was returned. They continued opening presents, Jack made his sister a decor piece for her room which she thanked him for. The Hotchner's enjoyed their Christmas day together. The next day Hotch was called out on a case.