Day Seventeen - Riverdale

Maya Andrews was a genius but at the same time she was sensitive and particular about things. Which made things awkward sometimes. It had been a few months since Maya and Archie lost their father. The two were decorating the Christmas tree in complete quite. They just wanted to spend time together as a family.

"Maya, look." Archie caught her attention, she turned around and made her way over to him "Do you remember when you made this?" Maya smiled fondly as the reindeer ornament.

"Yeah. I wanted to buy Dad a Christmas present, I begged Mom to help me buy something. Instead she bought art supplies and told me that the best presents are ones that come from the heart. Instead I made this for him." Maya remembered and smiled at the memory.

"I remember that Dad looked like he was gonna cry. Every year since then he would dig this one out first making it pride of place." Archie grinned "I have to admit for a little time I was jealous. Until you made me one. Then everything was good." The two chuckled. Archie hung it on the Christmas tree then put his arm around Maya.

______________________

Archie and Maya were making cookies with their Mom, when the doorbell rang. Archie cleaned his hands before going to answer it. Then Archie was followed in by Betty, Veronica and Jughead. Maya's smile was wiped away.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Maya's voice dropped

"Well it's your first Christmas without your Dad. We wanted to come over and support you." Betty smiled sincerely.

"Archie told you it was a family Christmas. As in him, me and Mom. Now you're here." she scoffed and shook her head. She was less than impressed with them.

"Honey they're just being nice." He mom voiced

"No they're being annoying. What part of family Christmas goes over your head? I'm not the bad guy here, it was something so simple and you ruined it." Maya stormed out and upstairs. She cleaned herself up and then left the house on her motorcycle. Archie sighed and rubbed his face.

"Not again." Archie groaned

"Sorry man if we'd known..." Jughead trailed off

_________________________________________

Maya was found sitting at her fathers graveside. She was toying with a knife and a piece of wood making something. Archie found her and came to sit beside her as she carried on with what she was doing.

"I'm not apologising. I am sick and tired of them butting their nose in our business. I watched you tell them that this was a family Christmas, just the three of us. Yet they ignored you, us under the guise of being friends. Fuck them." She growled "Why can't they just leave us alone." She began to cry. Archie pulled her into a hug.

"They said they were sorry." Maya brushed him off after that comment.

"There you go sticking up for them. Why are you even here? Just leave me alone." She moved away from him.

"Maya they were just being good friends. All they wanted to do was help." Maya rolled her eyes. "But I get it, we told them and they still came anyway."

"You say it like its a good thing. You know what if you want to live up their ass fine but I won't. Once Christmas is over I'm leaving."

"maya you're still underage" Archie pointed out.

"Does it look like I care? Sweet Pea and Fangs who are my friends and respect what I ask of them are letting me bunk with them till I can finish school and leave for college." She got up and left her brother behind.

_____________________________

A few years later Christmas time rolled around once more. Maya refused to be anywhere near her brothers friends. So Archie made the metaphorical decision to split himself in two. This sacrifice did not go unnoticed by his sister, who was now living in Hawaii and was now apart of the Five-0 task force. He arrived on the island to be greeted by his sister and his brother-in-law.

"Maya, Steve." He greeted the smiling couple.

"Archie." maya chimed draping a lei around him. "Welcome back to Hawaii" she then hugged him.

"Hey, hows it going man?" Steve greeted his brother in law.

"I'm doing good. Everything's good. So where is my niece?" he answered as the escorted him out of the airport.

"Well he is back home because Joan refused to let go of him. But despite only being a few months old he is super excited to meet his uncle." Maya grinned as they all got into Steve's car. They were driven back to the McGarrett home.

"Maya and Steve married a couple of years after Maya left Riverdale. She instead went to the police academy in Hawaii where the two met and eventually fell in love and married. Steve tried to work with Archie to get Maya to reconnect with Riverdale. That didn't go so well, she pulled on them and their crown jewels. Yeah, that conversation ended quickly. The three of them arrived and headed inside.

"Okay Joanie, times up." Maya joked as they team greeted Archie.

"Awh." Joan handed over her cousin to her Aunt.

"Archie, this is Freddie John McGarrett. Your nephew." Maya smiled as Archie came over. Freddie was handed over to his uncle. Archie cradled his nephew and looked up to his sister.

"Congratulations, Maya."